red stretch marks???

Options
does anyone know whats best to deal with them???

i heard theyre relatively new and theres a chance you can get rid of them!

heard good things about vitamin e oil, cocoa butter, any body tried these?

Replies

• Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    scrubbing and bio oil.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    They lessen with time and become much less noticable. You can't remove stretch marks without a visit to the plastic surgeon.

I found keeping hydrated, body lotion and bio oil helps make them much less noticable.
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    sorry to be the bearer of bad news but stretch marks are forever...the best you can hope for is that they will eventually go white...but you can lessen the chances of getting more by keeping your weight steady and using bio oil...
  • arizonaladybug
    arizonaladybug Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have had horrible red ones from child birth. I can show you a before and after. so what worked for me is Bio Oil. and like a really thick lotion like with oatmeal or st. ives like regenerating lotion. if you cant afford the Bio oil put this thick lotion on right after you get out of the shower!! and let it absorb it up, and excercise like crunches and cardio mixed. Selft tanner once they turn white helps the appearance short term if you want to wear a bikini. Hope that helps. Dont know how to post a picture but i could show you a great before and after. hope this helps.
  • dmdeschamps
    dmdeschamps Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    All the ladies in my family use Baby Oil. After you shower stay in the shower, just out of the water, and use it as a moisturizer. Then do a quick rinse and hop out. You can rub it in more if you need to, do this every shower. It will also keep your skin super soft! :)
  • runnerdea
    Options
    do something while they are still red!! otherwise it will be too late. If I were you, I'd go to the doc and get some input. I have heard a range of things including some medical options that are not that invasive. Find out what your options are. And I say this because I wish I had. My stretch marks really bother me. I think about it daily.
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    sorry to be the bearer of bad news but stretch marks are forever...the best you can hope for is that they will eventually go white...but you can lessen the chances of getting more by keeping your weight steady and using bio oil...
    ^^ This. The only way to "get rid" of them once they've appeared is to have a plastic surgeon actually remove the skin. They can get smaller and appear less obvious (red) over time but they will still be there.
  • jnnfrch
    jnnfrch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    yhhh ive accepted the fact theyre not disappearing, i just thought i should do whatever i can do lessen the effects whilst they are still new and red

arizonaladybug id love to see photos of your results!
  • jnnfrch
    jnnfrch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    also dmdeschamps, ive just gotten into baby oil as a moisturiser, its completely sorted out the dry skin i had on my ankles and legs!!
  • haanmom
    haanmom Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I used Mederma after having my kids. I didn't have horrible stretch marks but they were red/purple. They have now faded to not really noticeable. My sister used cocoa butter and hers are still fairly dark. (Both of us 5 years out from our last baby) I don't know if it's just the difference in our skin or not, but I'd definitely use Mederma again if I had another baby.
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've noticed with my weight loss that my already present stretch marks are bigger and more abundant then every before. I have been using lotion. What is Bio Oil? I might want to try that.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I had stretch marks on my bum when I was about 18 yo. They faded and and are now gone.

when I was pregnant with both kids I smothered myself in body lotion and creams and thankfully never got any more!

All I can suggest is prevention can be better than cure use a body lotion everyday after you shower.

Keep putting lotions on the stretch marks that you have already, they will fade in time.

Drink plenty of fluids to keep your skin hydrated.

Men and women both can have stretch marks, try not to let it worry you too much x

ETA I still put body lotion on each day, just because it is habit now lol!
  • Flux_Decapitator
    Flux_Decapitator Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i didnt really do anything to mine but when i lost weight, they faded to white
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Honestly NOTHING will help them, only time. I use lotion on my skin but not for stretch marks only for dry skin. So I did NOTHING for mine and you can't really see them unless you are looking for them. They will fade. Just embrace them.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Genetics gave me poor skin elasticity. I have a ton of stretch marks, varying in severity all over my body. I bought Palmer's Stretch Mark Lotion, and saw a small improvement. I wasn't happy though and bought a dermaroller. It's a small, plastic roller with little metal needles. It's a bit painful and can create some bleeding at longer needle lengths, but it's safe to use if done correctly. It can also help with scars, uneven skin tone, loose skin, cellulite, wrinkles, and encourages hair growth when used on the scalp. I use it about once a week after I've showered and dried off. I apply my stretch mark lotion afterwards to maximize the results.

I had serious doubts about it. At first, they seemed worse. Later, they looked the same. After giving it several months, however, I've seen a huge difference. My stretch marks have faded drastically. Many have turned the color of my skin and are literally shrinking. I've used it on old ones and newer ones. It works on both. It does take time, but with patience, and daily use of a vitamin rich lotion or cream, it can give you some pretty awesome results. Do your research though if you plan on trying it. Longer needles should only be used with the assistance of a professional. It kind of sounds like I was paid to promote them, but I'm that amazed by the results. lol I still have them and don't expect them to disappear entirely, but the results I've seen have given me a much needed confidence boost.