Just Ordered Fitbit One how do people use it with MFP

Options
Well I have ordered the Fitbit One so looking forward to seeing how I go.

I was wondering how people used it setting their cals etc,

It's coming tomorrow I have decided to set my MFP Calories to my BMR which is 1674 cals set my activity to Sedentary and track my activity using the Fitbit. May use my HRM for using the Cross Trainer some posts seem to indicate it is not accurate for that.

In about 2 weeks time I may do an average TDEE - 20% using activity from the fitbit and set a fixed Calorie amount and stop syncing fitbit with MFP just use Fitbit to accurately track my TDEE so I can tweak it as I loose weight.

Which of the two methods would be the best in peoples opinions.

Oh one last thing I changed my Calories this week to an Estimated TDEE - 20% 1888 rather than the 1590 calories MFP gave me, now all my calories for the last two weeks are all out. Is there a way to change your Calories from this date and not affect the past.

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I do the tdee-20%...I log my food on MFP......and I sync my fitbit on the fitbit site at night since I dont include my exercise calories ...hope that helps
  • joannemgregory74
    Options
    thanks
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    I do the tdee-20%...I log my food on MFP......and I sync my fitbit on the fitbit site at night since I dont include my exercise calories ...hope that helps

Exactly what I do too. I love my fitbit. It's helped me already and I've only been using it about a week. Great purchase!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Exactly what I do too. I love my fitbit. It's helped me already and I've only been using it about a week. Great purchase!

Me too! I feel naked without it!