Anyone good with dream interpretation?

Options
Learning2LoveMe
Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
I've had a reoccurring dream over the last 10 years that I can remember. It started out with me either chasing or being chased by a tornado, sometimes multiple ones. Some dreams I would seek shelter, only to have it blown away and running to the next shelter. The last year or so it has involved me trying to help save & protect people and get them away from the danger. The people are almost always strangers, and the majority of the time it's a child.

Have any clue what it might mean?

Replies

• jenniebelle
    Options
    I've been told I have a gift for dream interpretation, I will think on it and get back to you!
  • mrsdavidtennant
    mrsdavidtennant Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have 2 dream dictionaries. The first one says that dreaming about a 'whirlwind' means heavy troubles (gypsy folklore). Dreams of whirling or being whirled are attributable to physical causes, headaches, vertigo etc.

The second book has 3 possible meanings:

Spiritual: Our early ventures into Spirituality make us feel powerless and at the mercy of all the elements. This can be symbolized by the tornado. However, within the centre there is peace and tranquility

Psychological: While a tornado can be very destructive, interestingly it can also be very cleansing and it is this context that it is often met on a psychological level. It sweeps all in front of it, but after its passage there is the potential for new life and new beginnings.

Everyday Material Aspects: A tornado appearing in a dream is a symbol of violent energy of one sort or another. Often it is emotions and feelings against which we feel powerless. It is a recognisable symbol of energy, which has turned in on itself and has therefore become destructive.

I have no idea if this helps, but I hope it does! :happy:

xXxXx
  • Kpatty
    Kpatty Posts: 41
    Options
    Wow! That's an intense dream. I used to have similar dreams, but they were of Volcanoes instead of tornadoes.

This is deep, but I honestly believe, with all due respect, it boils down to the fear of death...but even beyond that, is the question: what comes after death.
    You can't escape death, that's why it was chasing you. You aren't terribly afraid to die, that's why you were chasing it occasionally. Death is something we all have to face, so that's why others experienced it with you, in your dream...even children, sadly. The shelter represents what you're hiding behind to try to escape from or even cheat death. But it cannot shelter you.

I'm curious to know how these dreams ended before you woke.

One thing I personally had to face was: death is real, but Eternal death doesn't have to be. I'd like to share more with you. Will you message me?
  • Funnydream
    Funnydream Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used to have a similar dream - except it was aliens. I imagine everyone has their own version of this sort of 'lone person against adversity' dream.

Freud would say it was all about sex, but personally I think ALL dream analysis is a waste of space, inc Freud's!

Dreams, I believe, don't have any meanings at all. They are just your brain sorting out all the real, and subliminal stuff, that we acquire all day. To imagine they are purposeful, predictive or meaningful has no basis in bone fide, measureable scientific or psychological research.

Dreams apparently only last a fraction of second, I imagine them like the flash of a synapse, and electrical current - even when we perceive them as lasting for hours with rich and complicated detail - they are in fact the product of a quick momentary flash.

Now, whether dreams reflect your real life worries, as Kpatty suggests - re death or whatever personal bogeyman - it's possible. I know when I worry about my daughter, I have dreams that she is a toddler in the sea and I have to save her - so I am sure that my dream is an extension of my concern for my daughter.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's an intense dream. I used to have similar dreams, but they were of Volcanoes instead of tornadoes.

This is deep, but I honestly believe, with all due respect, it boils down to the fear of death...but even beyond that, is the question: what comes after death.
    You can't escape death, that's why it was chasing you. You aren't terribly afraid to die, that's why you were chasing it occasionally. Death is something we all have to face, so that's why others experienced it with you, in your dream...even children, sadly. The shelter represents what you're hiding behind to try to escape from or even cheat death. But it cannot shelter you.

I'm curious to know how these dreams ended before you woke.

One thing I personally had to face was: death is real, but Eternal death doesn't have to be. I'd like to share more with you. Will you message me?

This actually makes sense. I am so freaked out by the thought of death, so much that if I think about it too long I get really bad anxiety. It's not so much death, but the thought of ceasing to exist. I don't know why, but it scares the crap out of me.

I'm gonna pay more attention and see if when I think about these things if it triggers the dreams.
  • Blossom01
    Blossom01 Posts: 658
    Options
    I have had similar dreams myself but in mind the city in where I live is drowning. I find myself seeking for shelter or embracing my girls and putting on their life jackets Kind of like a survival skill. I think that you go from a victim mentality to a rescuer. It is a cycle. Perhaps this is why you flee from one and then you find yourself saving others in a different one. I am a Christian or at least try to do my best to be one all though I know that no one is perfect but when I have these types of real like dreams I like to read psalm 27, 34, 91, and 139 and I try to be at peace.

I hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
  • jez838
    jez838 Posts: 216
    Options
    I've had similar dreams to this. I'm being chased by something I can't see.
    I read somewhere you should pay close attention to your emotions in dreams. Try to recognise what you are feeling when you have this dream. You may be suprised that you're feeling Strong or protective rather than frightened.
  • caro83
    caro83 Posts: 11
    Options
    Chase dreams are really common. They generally mean that you are avoiding confrontation of some sort. I presume by being chased by a tornado that you are scared of it. So you could be afraid to face up to something but you need to to move on.

In particular, to dream that you are chased by an animal, represents your own unexpressed and unacknowledged anger which is being projected onto that animal. Alternatively, you may be running away from a primal urge or fear.