low carbe diet! help

Options
I'd like to start eatting

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Eat a normal varied diet and you'll be fine. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
  • laurengaugler
    laurengaugler Posts: 45 Member
    Options

This. And write in full sentences.
    Maybe English isn't this person's first language. Do we need to be critical or sentence structure?
  • crenee014
    crenee014 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My tablet posted the comment before I finished writing my post! Obviously you have nothing better to do with yourself:) thanks for the people that genuinely want to help!!
  • crenee014
    crenee014 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Smh...maybe you should spend less time being a jerk!! Thanks for NOT helping any
  • hollyannem
    Options
    I eat low carb. For a meal I like to have grilled chicken, salad greens with olive oil and some parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. That is really tasty. You can put the oil in a spray bottle if you want to. It makes it easier to coat the salad leaves evenly. I buy the good parmesan too. That makes a difference.

Deviled eggs can be low carb if you use real mayo with no sugar in it. I snack on nuts, the 100 calorie packs of cinnamon and cocoa (Emerald brand), help me control my sugar cravings. They do have sucralose in them though. Nut carbs can add up fast, but they are good for a satisfying snack in small doses.

I've been experimenting with the tofu noodles too. I made a dish with pesto, chicken/feta/spinach sausage from Target and the noodles. It was really good!

Breakfasts are usually hard boiled eggs, sausages, or both. I also scramble eggs with salsa and a slice of cheese.

Chicken salad made with celery and real mayo is good either on salad greens or wrapped in a romaine leaf. String cheese is another good snack as is cream cheese on celery.

I don't know from your post what type of low carb you are thinking of. I try to keep my carb intake between 25 and 50 per day, and have been losing weight at a slow and fairly steady rate since I started doing it.

Hope this helps!
  • jessicajoybanta87
    jessicajoybanta87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

When I read this all I could hear was the Dr from family Guy!
  • jessicajoybanta87
    jessicajoybanta87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have done low carb a lot. Making sure you eat a lot of veggies really helps and fills you up.

Here is a site with a food list.
    http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art16194.asp
    http://www.lowcarbfoods.org/low+carb+foods+and+recipies/