Cornflakes

sifu33
sifu33 Posts: 34
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Iv been having crunchy nut cornflakes for brekkie for ages, becos i can now see the calorific content I decided to switch to cornflakes, its half the cals, little fat and no sugar. High in iron which is quite difficult to get into my diet. What a simple sustainable switch. Its fascinating making simple changes that hav high value to your goals,

Anyone else, made a simple switch from seeing the MFP cals detail and made the weight loss easier. Lets all hear about those pleez

Replies

• griffswoman
    griffswoman Posts: 30 Member
    I switched from white bread to wholemeal, calorie wise it was only slightly lower but in terms of fibre wow
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    When I first came on, I was already drinking fat-free milk. Then I added a few more fat-frees to the list:
    yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, of the dairies.

I exchanged mayonaise for fat-free italian dressing (yes, the dressing is high in sodium, but I only use about 2 tbsps at day (10 cal, or is it 20?). And I make sure I drink the 6-8 cups of water a day that I need to keep my body flushed.

Hope those help. :drinker: (water)
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    eating oatmeal instead of cereal has been really helpful for me. fewer calories than any cereal out there and keeps me full much longer.

i also started making a lot of tomato-based soups/stews. dice up every veggie i can find in my house, including tomatoes, add chicken or black beans or tofu, vinegar, lemon juice, chicken bouillon, hot sauce and presto! 100 cals per cup and it's packed with vitamins. also very filling, especially becuase if it's my main course i can quite a bit before the cals add up too much.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Oatmeal with water instead of milk + 15g of honey..

tastes better, not so sickly from the milk and doesnt have as many cals!! :-D
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    no more pop (or soda for our southern friends) I drink tea or ice water... It is not totally out of my diet, I mean lifestyle, but instead of every day I MAY have one glass a month. (Saves on the pocketbook too....LOL)
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    I didn't realize how much sugar I was putting into my daily coffee until I started measuring it. I have been consuming way too much sugar overall & now I am getting a handle on it.
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    For iron eat lots of spinach and watercress in your salads; broccoli and cabbage are also high in iron although I realise they are not to everyone's taste. I throw some into a stirfry which helps
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Also if you have a sweet tooth try some stewed rhubarb with Canderel (Splenda) and top it with fat-free Greek yoghurt and a sprinkling of fine otameal - delish
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Great topic! Bumpin to come back to when I have more time:tongue:
This discussion has been closed.