Blockbusters That Blow

Options
LMT2012
LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
Okay, this is a variation on the thread about sleeper films that were surprisingly GREAT. What is a movie you have seen that received rave reviews, awards and/or was directly recommended to you....and it was terrible???!!!

I will start with "Walk the Line", the one about Johnny Cash. Performances were fine, as promised. But I was so bored i wanted to run out screaming.

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Any re-re-re-remakes of a superhero movie is total bull crap.
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Lord of the Ringzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • jennbeaudry
    Options
    Eyes Wide Shut - I wanted to stab myself in the eyes, so painful, I even told people at the movie rental place not to bother renting it because it was so bad
    The Last Days of Disco - kept waiting for it to get good, never happened
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Anyone remember "Mall Rats?" Recommended to me and the woman I was seeing at the time. It's the only movie I have ever walked out on.
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    OK, this one is from a long time ago, but it's the only one I have walked out on: Tin Men. About some guys peddling aluminum siding. Painful.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Everyone told me that I HAD to see Napoleon Dynamite...I regretted every nanosecond of it...
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Lost In Translation - It was lost on me, and I speak English. If it wasn't for Scarlett Johansson's underwear I would have lapsed into a coma watching that movie.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is a variation on the thread about sleeper films that were surprisingly GREAT. What is a movie you have seen that received rave reviews, awards and/or was directly recommended to you....and it was terrible???!!!

I will start with "Walk the Line", the one about Johnny Cash. Performances were fine, as promised. But I was so bored i wanted to run out screaming.

OH, I agree! We rented this stupid movie and we couldn't get past the first 20 or so minutes. DULL!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Any movie directed by Michael Bay. The Rock, Armageddon and Pearl Harbor being three horrible movies.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    "The Cable Guy" with Jim Carrey. Blah!
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    Titanic. Got dragged to it by all my friends senior year of high school. Then for my freshman year of college it seemed like EVERY chick had bought it the nanosecond it was released in stores and it was all any of them wanted to watch on a movie night.

I was forced to hang out at the guys dorm so I could watch real movies. :tongue:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Lost In Translation - It was lost on me, and I speak English. If it wasn't for Scarlett Johansson's underwear I would have lapsed into a coma watching that movie.

Lol...Sofia Coppola couldn't be more overrated. Marie Antoinette was complete and utter dogsh*t.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Romeo and Juliette
    Ghosts of Girlfriends Past ( Awful not a BlockBuster but It was really BAD)
    les miserables ( I LOVE a Good Musical ) and this was not it
    Sideways (noNoNo)
  • luckyshilling
    Options

Lol...Sofia Coppola couldn't be more overrated. Marie Antoinette was complete and utter dogsh*t.

^^this is sooo true...also hate The Virgin Suicides..blah...:grumble:
  • traceyc712
    traceyc712 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No Country for Old Men
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow soooo many... All of the Mission impossible movies...OMG!!!!! hate them all alot of crap about nothing really!!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    No Country for Old Men
    Blasphemer! :tongue:
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'll get tarred and feathered for this, but Brokeback Mountain. It was BORING.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

Have to agree with this exactly. I still don't know/care what the hell that movie was about

I just watched Cloud Atlas a few weeks ago and I've never been so bored in my life
  • dsmboy1991
    dsmboy1991 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Avatar. It was nothing more than a remake of Dances with Wolves using aliens and spaceships.