Feeling a bit blue, need some love...

Options
I know this will pass but today I'm feeling a bit crap. And it revolves pretty much entirely around my legs. I'm the same weight/measurements now as I was a couple years ago (yay!) but my legs are totally different. They are wobbly, stretch marked, cellulitey and chunky. I do a lot of heavy lifting, incline walking, stretching, squats, lunges, I am very active, and although my legs are getting technically smaller, the skin tone is not improving. I think I'm upset because one of my main goals was to feel good in a pair of shorts, and even though I'm still 40lbs away from "goal weight", I feel like the skin tone is never going to improve :-(

Pleeease someone tell me it will get better!

Replies

• sab1157
    sab1157 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It will get better! Speaking as a woman of "mature" years (ha), I remember being so much harder on myself than I should have been. That being said, as difficult as it is, try to love and accept your body. Wear those shorts! You will look beautiful!
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If I can get better you can too, only 6 cellulite spots left. I try and avoid bread if at all poss. 1 hr run once week
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Im sorry youre feeling down :( If your working on them, then dont feel down about it. I know I get so upset at my tummy and the way it looks but I have to remember I AM TRYING. I am not just sitting around wishing.

Neither are you, by the sounds of it.

And dont let society brainwash you into what YOUR legs should look like. Oh well if they are not perfect, whats perfect anyway? When I love myself, nothing anyone says can change anything :)