want to tone bum and back of thighs but NOT front?

Options
Hi guys!

The 'fattest' part of me is definitely my bum and thighs, so I really want to tone up there. However, my quads are already really muscley (because I fence and cycle, which really works your quads), and they already protude out quite a way. I really don't want them to get any bigger!

Are there any leg exercises I can do that mainly works on the back of my thighs and bum? Doing squats feels like it's working my quads :(

Thanks!

(sorry if I've posted wrong, it's my first time here)

Replies

• selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    barbell glute bridges
    hamstring curls
    Straight leg deadlifts
  • SafiyaBWG
    SafiyaBWG Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem ! My thighs are rock hard, and my butt is kind of jiggly along with the top-back part of my thighs....
    So.. bump !
  • BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    barbell glute bridges
    hamstring curls
    Straight leg deadlifts

This !
  • xMallie
    xMallie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    When on machines like bikes, I angle my knees and feet out.. This is what my PT taught me to work the hamstrings, glutes and Auductors more :)
  • efsimpkin
    efsimpkin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! I did leg curls today, and also did the arc trainer with my knees and feet pointing outwards and I can feel it now! I've never used free weights so I've got a small induction booked to them next Tuesday, so then I can do even more! thanks again :)
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    when you squat go ATG and drive through your heels, if you find your quads burning you might be leaning forward and pushing with the balls of your feet.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    barbell glute bridges
    hamstring curls
    Straight leg deadlifts

^This is right. But you are over-thinking this. Just do a good balance of leg exercises. You will lean out. You are not going to put on a huge amount of muscle without years of really trying to do just that, and maybe using drugs. But, you will help balance out the strength of the different muscles, which is a healthy thing.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    aside from deadlifts are there any other exercises that can be done at home using dumbells?
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
    barbell glute bridges
    hamstring curls
    Straight leg deadlifts
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    aside from deadlifts are there any other exercises that can be done at home using dumbells?

There are so many...........just google dumbell exercises.
  • woofers1803
    Options
    Be careful with isolated muscle workouts. Doing JUST one muscle or side without the opposite side being worked as well can cause you to experience major joint problems. As a female, unless you fall into the very small portion of the population that has a genetic imbalance in terms of testosterone levels, you won't get bulky. Check out the book "Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess" for a good resource on balanced muscle building. They offer a lot of insight that most people normally miss.