How long did it take before folks noticed your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    when I hit the 200 pounds that was when people noticed that was in November 2012
  • pinklady_13
    pinklady_13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Coworkers noticed for me at about 15-18 lbs lost. I agree with many posts, it is motivating when others notice and compliment. :-)
  • cp5c0tt
    cp5c0tt Posts: 2
    Options
    I guess my weight loss has been slow and sporadic, that I can't say anyone has ever really commented. Myfitnesspal profile states 205, but that was my weight when registering here. I actually started at ~230pnds in the Fall of 2011. Anyways, this site rocks and has helped me a lot. Besides, I don't mind, I feel better everyday and I can see it!
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My family noticed after 10 pounds. Sadly, many of them are more obsessed about my weight than I am.

My neighbor noticed around 15 pounds. She had seen me jogging up and down the neighborhood, so she knew I was trying to get in shape.

My friends didn't really start saying anything until 25-30 pounds. They might have noticed and just not felt like commenting because I don't talk about it with them or on Facebook unless the subject is brought up. I may be public about it on MFP and Fitocracy, but there's still a level of anonymity about it even with my photo in my profile.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Lost 34 pounds, almost half the way... people don't seem to notice.
    Well... my brother asked me if I lost weight at about 25 pounds lost, but he doesn't counts. :lol: We practically live together and he knows most of my efforts.

My mom visited last weekend, not seeing me after December... she said that I looked like I lost some weight. She doesn't count either, she's... mom. :laugh: She notices every small changes in her children.

My friends... I suspect them to be to nice to ask (like making me feel fat, since I had what to lose :tongue: )

I don't mind if others don't notice... mostly because I know that people see me every day and so on. But it would be nice to see that people notice... like that would mean that they `notice` me. Sometimes, with all the weight... I feel like I'm invisible to most people. :indifferent:
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I lost 48 lbs., put 14 back on and in the whole process…no one said a word about it. My wife noticed because she sees me eating better and my mom (who has bugged me about my weight for 48 years) always asks me, but that’s it. My coworkers who I spend 8-10 hours with a day said/say nothing. I keep going…I know I need to lose more and know I can do it, but it’s hard for sure.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My parents hadn't seen me for about a month, and they noticed . This as at about 9 kilos lost. I lost a bit before starting on here. It took a while for people at work to notice or rather mention anything. Some have now . A few just give me weird looks. I think they wonder at how much I eat now . I eat more at work, which stops me from over eating after work. The mums at school have just started to comment. The don't see me that often. My husband is a sahd, so they see him more. The only activity my eldest does is Aikido. They don't know me well enough to say anything, but they have noticed. It was strongly suggested what a great workout it is and I should start training there lol
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    When I hit the 20-25 lb mark, people really started noticing.

^^^ Same.
    yup
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    30 pound mark for me, was the first time anyone said anything. Lady asked me if I had a boy or a girl. :grumble:
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    About 30 lbs. and six months. To be fair, I started wearing Spring and Summer clothes so it was more noticeable.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel better. I'm at the 9 1b mark and NO ONE has said anything. I only have 16 pounds to go and can see it in myself but no one has said a thing. Hopefully it starts to show soon.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    at about the 8 lb mark guys started hitting on me. my sister called me skinny after 12 lb. only 15 more to go...:smile:
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I lost 48 lbs., put 14 back on and in the whole process…no one said a word about it. My wife noticed because she sees me eating better and my mom (who has bugged me about my weight for 48 years) always asks me, but that’s it. My coworkers who I spend 8-10 hours with a day said/say nothing. I keep going…I know I need to lose more and know I can do it, but it’s hard for sure.

I think people notice, but are sometimes afraid to comment for fear of offending.

I've only recently (35-40 pound mark) had people openly comment, sometimes guardedly. :smile: I've done the same thing in the past - noticed someone looks smaller, but not positive and not wanting to give offence. Occasionally, I've recently had people do a bit of a double take before commenting, so I know they're noticing I look different.
  • mattysmom
    mattysmom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Not until I had lost 40 pounds did people start to notice. I have a body frame that can hold 20lbs though plus or minus without a noticeable difference. Now that I have lost over 60 everyone comments on it. I work in a customer service industry & people are daily telling me how good I look. It feels great. It's weird to learn to accept the compliment though
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Evidently, exactly 26 pounds - I have gotten comments twice this week.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have to say I received a nice safe compliment from a guy at work. He simply said I looked happy and healthy lately. Nothing about weight or size. That was one of the nicest things to say to me .
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I only had 20-25lbs to lose total. I'm down 15 so far. My parents who don't see me often noticed at 10lbs, as well as a man in my office. The guards and police at work are noticing now at 15, but they are likely to see me in my running shorts. The women in my office haven't seemed to notice at all.
  • junerbooner
    junerbooner Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Mine was around the 20 mark for my family and most co-workers. But lately ( since I have dropped 70 or so pounds) the compliments are becoming more frequent and from people who know me only casually. It feels so good to hear someone you don't really know say that I was looking really good. When I reply that I have lots more to come off, most say that they didn't think so...that I looked good at where I'm at. I thank them but think to myself,,,"you would say different if you seen me naked!!!" :laugh: :laugh:
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    25 pounds before I heard a word.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I wore baggy shirts while I was breastfeeding. They really noticed the 30 pound diference when i started wearing clothes that fit.