New to MFP and need buddies!!!

Options
Hi all! My doctor suggested (rather strongly I may add) that I utilize this site to keep track of my intake and exercise! I've been put on a 1200 calorie diet and need to lose roughly 50 lbs. Hard as that is, I need some buddies to help encourage me and I them on our journey!

So far, week 1 and I've lost 5 lbs. I figure some of it is water weight, but I'll take it!

Replies

• marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Take what U can get.
    Stay on course and be close to the 1200
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    A lot of really great support can be found on this site. I know it's kept me from running off the rails a few times. Feel free to add me!!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    sending friends request
  • colettefrenchie
    Options
    im new here as well :) feel free to add me
  • Shanaw2525
    Shanaw2525 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with this site because it definitely lets you know how many calories you are eating. I was surprised at many things, but it great to keep track, stay with it! :)
  • nannylala
    Options
    I am new here too. I am so tired of being overweight and hope this site helps. I joined this site a few months back, and didn't stick with it. This time I'm not giving up.
  • kfelux
    kfelux Posts: 34
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm happy to support anyone on their journey!
  • Shawnna_H
    Shawnna_H Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im here with you. I acually just started today. I tried dieting in 2007 on my own went from 185-134 lbs in 7mo. and fell off track slowly after i was at a comfort weight. I have never tryed a site like this but a friend of mine said its great so here i am. Currently im 5' 5" and am at 175 with my goal weight of 135. So i feel support would be great this time around to keep my modivation going and to keep the wight off for good this time :) So i will be adding you as well.
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    welcome! i started my weight loss journey at 260 with my original goal to lose 50 pounds, too! now I'm 63 pounds down, 7 away from my new goal weight of 190 (: i log daily and check in often, any one feel free to add me (:
  • JeniW5
    JeniW5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I'm new here too feel free to add me we can support and motivate each
    other :)
  • starcrost79
    Options
    Hi there! I've been on MFP for just under 5 months, and I can't get enough of the people here! My MFP support base is what's helped me lose almost 50 pounds so far! Welcome to the family, and feel free to add me! :o)
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm always up for new friends and I lost about 25lbs since I was put on 1200 calorie diet. :)