craving chocolate and cake

Options
Ok its coming up to that time of month and I am craving chocolate and cake sooo much, i've eaten 2 nectarines, a bowl full of cherries, an apple and a piece of honeydew melon but i still have the cravings (I do have some chocolate in the house some milkybar's for my son but i know if i have one i will have another and then all 6 will be gone!) I want chocolate!!!

Replies

• princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I find I have cravings at that time of the month too. I allow myself a chocolate covered protein bar most days so that I have something. The more you deny yourself, the more you will crave it. Allow it, count it and maybe walk a bit more on that day is my suggestion!
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I Have been eating the kelogs mini breaks for breakfast only 99 cal they fill me up and get rid of my chocolate craving!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I find I have cravings at that time of the month too. I allow myself a chocolate covered protein bar most days so that I have something. The more you deny yourself, the more you will crave it. Allow it, count it and maybe walk a bit more on that day is my suggestion!

Good Idea, I second that..the more you say you cant have it the more your brain will say want it want it want it!!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Try eating Vitamuffin instead. They are in the freezer section of the grocery store. They are delicious and really help TOM cravings.
  • dnndavie
    dnndavie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Even though it's natural, all that fruit you ate also has a lot of sugar so maybe try a few squares of dark chocolate to curb your cravings. Dark chocolate has a lot of antioxidants in it so you will get some benefits. Or try to have homebaked healthier versions of cakes w/ chocolate on hand to help. The internet has tons of healthier brownie options. Make a batch and give it away to friends or family, saving a slice or two for yourself. That way it's not in the house and you still get to indulge a little.

Or try diet hot chocolate. Summer isn't the time to be drinking hot cocoa but the weight watchers are really low in calories and it still tastes like chocolate.

or try this recipe http://www.the-gi-diet.org/recipes/chocolate_mousse/ r
    really low in calories and it's low GI so you won't sugar-crash right after.

It's better to allow yourself to indulge a little at TOM then to fight too hard. You'll only indulge more than you would want to later. Just savour every bite, knowing that it's a treat, even if it's a small treat. It's helped me. If I really need a cookie or cake or something, I break it in half, give half to someone near me and eat the other. Still a treat but not as bad. I also love to bake and love to try to make healthier versions of cakes and cookies.
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    The Chocolate Special K is pretty satisfying too.
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    If I'm craving something that badly I normally let myself eat it otherwise I'll end up eating everything else in sight and still have the craving.
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    Its not cake, but I LOVE Jello pudding pops. You can get it in dark chocolate flavorings, sugar free and only 60 calories! I must eat about 2 a day. :-)

Also, if I REALLY REALLY need chocolate I break a bit of baker's chocolate in half and suck on it. I'm not sure exactly of the calories, but I think half is like 70. Course I'm sure its got sugar in it...but often times half a square will take care of me. :-)
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I know this can't be good for you, but it is low in Calories, I just read it on Yahoo. mix 3 tbsp chocolate cake batter with 1/2 - 2 tsp of water. Voila, cake batter with 75 calories. http://shine.yahoo.com/event/bikini/lovin-chocolate-10-smart-nixes-and-healthy-fixes-1902536/
  • Dietexpert
    Dietexpert Posts: 34
    Options
    I crave chocolate and cake all the time regardless of what TOM it is! :laugh:
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    No Pudge Brownies! 100% for TOM. You only need to add yogurt or apple sauce. It has a recipe for single serve so you dont eat the entire batch!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I crave chocolate and cake all the time regardless of what TOM it is! :laugh:

ha ha... mee too!
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    No Pudge is awesome! They have it at Trader Joe's.

Skinny Cow ice cream bars hit the spot for me, and I always plan it into my calories for the night, so I don't have one every night.

I keep Silk Light Chocolate soymilk in the fridge, use it as coffee creamer, and will turn to a 1/2 cup of that when I am feeling the chocolate monster coming on. I love Silk Light Chocolate!!!

I hope you find something to satisfy your craving!

Log it, and enjoy the rest of your day!
  • supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    Ok...so I'm going to go completely against the grain here.

I believe that if you are going to eat something it should be the best there is. I am a food snob :smokin: . Which means when I want chocolate, I don't want just any chocolate. I want that $20 for one ounce piece of chocolate from that I have to have sent here from France.. I believe that I shouldn't have to deprive myself so when it's that time of the month and all I want is cake or chocolate then I do my research and have the best there is and I enjoy every last bite of it. :drinker:
  • abelg99
    abelg99 Posts: 4
    Options
    Make your own chocolate lava cake:

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 individual lava cake
    Calories: 182
    Fat: 4.5g
    Sodium: 433mg
    Carbs: 32g
    Fiber: 1.5g
    Sugars: 18g
    Protein: 4g

Recipe here:

http://tinyurl.com/bkglxx
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    Fiber One Oats and Chocolate bar, tastes soooo good you forget it's good for you.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Ok...so I'm going to go completely against the grain here.

I believe that if you are going to eat something it should be the best there is. I am a food snob :smokin: . Which means when I want chocolate, I don't want just any chocolate. I want that $20 for one ounce piece of chocolate from that I have to have sent here from France.. I believe that I shouldn't have to deprive myself so when it's that time of the month and all I want is cake or chocolate then I do my research and have the best there is and I enjoy every last bite of it. :drinker:

I agree, minus breaking the bank.

Get the piece of chocolate and enjoy it. All the guilt you are having for wanting it is just going to make it worse. If you think one of the substitutes mentioned previously will work, then go that route, but other wise, you'd find my face in a Milka bar.

Plus, all that sugar you've had in the fruit is prolly spurring on some more cravings by messing with your blood sugar. If it ain't doin' the trick, then don't keep trying that same trick. :)
  • jlw02
    jlw02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I never tried it but I read an article that suggessted putting coco in vanilla yogurt to handle chocolate cravings.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    No Pudge is awesome! They have it at Trader Joe's.

Skinny Cow ice cream bars hit the spot for me, and I always plan it into my calories for the night, so I don't have one every night.

I keep Silk Light Chocolate soymilk in the fridge, use it as coffee creamer, and will turn to a 1/2 cup of that when I am feeling the chocolate monster coming on. I love Silk Light Chocolate!!!

I hope you find something to satisfy your craving!

Log it, and enjoy the rest of your day!
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow chocolate truffle bars are absolutely wonderful! 100 calories and 2.5 grams of fat in each HUGE bars. They work for me and my daughter loves them too.