Blogilates vs Cardio

Options
I started following the Blogilates calendar this month. Before that, I had been doing daily cardio workouts (I play Just Dance on the Wii on the Just Sweat setting, and I use a heart rate monitor to calculate calories burned.)

Now, I definitely FEEL the effects of Blogilates - my muscles are sore, but I'm getting stronger - but right now my goal is to lose weight, which means calories in minus calories out, which means cardio.

What I'm wondering is if I should go back to mostly doing cardio to burn calories/fat/weight and then go back to Blogilates/strength training when I just want to tone? Has anyone had great weight loss results with Blogilates?

Replies

• jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Mix it up.
    Cassey has cardio videos, try them?
    You could do a short 15-20 min cardio video then do a few Blogilates ones?
  • Arianna705
    Options
    Both worked for me. I try to do some cardio while doing her videos. I am also following April's calender and I have lost 6 lbs (I'm also eating clean). I feel skinnier and I see that I am getting toned which is great. Most of her exercises are spot toning, but they also keep your heart rate up which is great as well. Either way a mix of both is the way to go in my opinion.