My LOSS! Weight plus Diabetes Type 2

Options
Raaless
Raaless Posts: 33 Member
Last year, in July I got diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I thought my world had fallen apart. It was hard, challenging…!!! I decided to take charge…! It took me over 7 months, to lose 20 kilos…hard work, lifestyle changes, etc etc…! I have now been informed that I have no diabetes..its under remission.! Never been happier. I have journalled my story in the blog .. pls do read if you need any tips, or simply some motivation to go on another day.

love to all and good luck! My journey has just begun…miles to go…

http://ragagetsoffherass.blogspot.co.uk

Pls feel free to comment on the blog and follow me..I will update it regularly. I live in the UK.

Replies

• Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    HUGE CONGRATS to you!!!! That's an amazing accomplishment and you can feel very proud of yourself!

I have a similar story. Was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last Aug. 30, 2012. My bg was 500. At first got stuck at 300 and needed more meds. But after 4 months of counting carbs and eating right (and losing 40+ lbs), my bg was normal. I'm 100% off all meds now and its totally in remission! And I've lost more than 70 lbs now.

I'm not sure how many pounds 20 kilos is, but your before/after pics on your blog are awesome. Congrats!
  • Raaless
    Options
    Thank you Bettyeditor. Great to hear and congrats to you too . 20 kilos is around 44 pounds.
    Keep working at it....xx
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    congratulations on lossing the weight, changing your lifestyle and regaining control of your BG....

Well done.
  • Raaless
    Options
    Thank you Deeschange. Much appreciated.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You are so right -- you can read all the material you can find, but if you don't push your tush, nothing is going to change!!!!
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Bump for a friend.
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Great work! The end is in sight!
  • DianaMI
    DianaMI Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like seeing this. I have just been told that I have Diabetes and at first I just wanted to hid and cry, felt depressed and lost. I also have high blood pressure and high cholestoral with I have been on meds trying to control and then to find out diabetes on top of all that. I have made and will keep making life changes, I plan to fight this in a healthy way as long as I can. I have kids and a grandbaby and they need me and I have plans with my life that dont include lots of meds and stuck not being able to have a quality life...Thanks for ya'll stories
    Thanks to Wendy
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Love to hear this.
  • Happylybre
    Happylybre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Congratulations... and Thank YOU....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success !!!!!!!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!