Anybody have experience with pinched nerves?

Options
I'm not even sure that's what I have. But it feels like someone has laid a cross/addition sign on the top of my shoulder - I have shooting pain that runs up the side of my neck, down my arm, down to cross my collar bone and down my back past my shoulder blade. I've had it for 5 days, since I pulled my lower back Saturday (lower back was better by Sunday). I've been doing ice, heat, Motrin, muscle relaxers, icy hot, Epsom salt and massage. Nothing is helping. Ideas?? TIA!

Replies

• Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Have you tried stretching? Yoga has a lot of targeted stretches for different muscle groups etc... Check out you tube. If it starts to hurt during stretching just ease back a little and try and relax.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure that's what I have. But it feels like someone has laid a cross/addition sign on the top of my shoulder - I have shooting pain that runs up the side of my neck, down my arm, down to cross my collar bone and down my back past my shoulder blade. I've had it for 5 days, since I pulled my lower back Saturday (lower back was better by Sunday). I've been doing ice, heat, Motrin, muscle relaxers, icy hot, Epsom salt and massage. Nothing is helping. Ideas?? TIA!
    See your physician to make sure you did not tear something. If you just self treat you may cause more damage. Good Luck!
  • dwillz7208
    dwillz7208 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I used to have that same exact problem when I run on the treadmill. It stopped once I started stretching my sides more..
  • SusanCanBeThin
    SusanCanBeThin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Biofreeze and chiropractic adjustments were the only things I found for relief. I have an entrapped nerve at C-6 which caused terrible pain, muscle spasms in my shoulder, neck, and arm along with numbness in the tip of my index finger. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You need to get checked. I herniated my C5-C6 disk and had the exact same symptoms. My **** had slid 1/2 way out and was pinching my right arm nerve bundle. Luckily certain exercises and some meds got it back in alignment without surgery.

I would definitely STOP exercising until you get checked. Nerves repair extremely slowly (if at all) so you want to avoid doing any possible further damage.

My 2¢
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm....you guys are kinda scaring me! I definitely stretch. I've even had my h help stretch me. I have used biofreeze as well. Didnt find it to be better or worse than icyhot. Gonna wait it out a few more days then call the dr. I just can't imagine what the heck this is!!

Thanks, friends!
  • SusanCanBeThin
    SusanCanBeThin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Have you seen any improvement in your condition?