. . .any bikers. . . ?

Any long distance riders trying to maintain the balance between freedom, health and restaurant food on the road? Wish they'd stop cutting off my head. . . .

Replies

• Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Not me, but I'm properly jealous I'd love to have a Harley. Have you ever heard of a movie called Fathead? This guy lost weight and got his cholesterol under control eating junk food for a month. Maybe that would help you with your restaurant choices if you can't avoid them.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I have a Harley. The trick is, never stop to eat. LOL
  • TomeS03
    TomeS03 Posts: 4
    Most of my friends have Harley's too. Fine machines. Trouble is, the more you ride, the further you ride, the more robust the food becomes and the more diversified the flavors! OMG! My ride? the R1150R BMW. Suits me fine. Doug and I have ridden from Key West to the Canadian border. He enjoys it on his Harley more - not because of the bike, but because he isn't on a diet. Thanks for answering.
  • TomeS03
    TomeS03 Posts: 4
    Biking is great. Trouble is living through the learning curve. Too many aggressive drivers, too much traffic, and starter bikes too big. If you live through the learning curve it's a life long love. I have over 100k on this bike and no plans to sideline her. If you do plan to ride, take a safety course. There are also too many poor riders, offering bad advice. Still, had I to start all over again? I'd have to say I'd do it all again because there's nothing like winding your way through the mountains on a summer's day with no place to go. . . ! I wish you the best.
  • flywithabowtie
    flywithabowtie Posts: 71 Member
    I have a Triumph Daytona 675