Today would've been my mom's 52nd birthday, BUT...

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
She died on November 3, 2005, of a massive heart attack. She weighed over 300 pounds and smoked 3 pack of cigarettes per day. She is my main motivation for losing weight. I weighed 245 pounds when she died. Since then, I've lost over 90 pounds (with two pregnancies in there too :wink: ). I turned this tragic event into a positive. I feel SO great now, and I think I look a lot better too. :bigsmile:

Here is a picture of me at probably my heaviest (actually 260ish)...
260.jpg

And this is me around 155 pounds or so just a few weeks ago...
155pounds.jpg

Replies

• georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :smile: And I agree, I think you look Great Too!! :happy:
  • jennebelle
    jennebelle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I'm sorry about your mom. HUGE kudos to you for changing your life so you will be there for your kids.
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look great - and such a lovely baby
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your mom. Congrats on turning the death experience into positive. You look very good.
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    WOW!! You look great lady!! Happy Birthday mom you are in my thoughts today! Defenitely something to be proud of! Keep up the great work :flowerforyou: xx
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Lady. Take charge of your life! So you can spend it with your wonderful babies!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    fantastic job!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,592 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to your mom. I'm sorry for your loss, but I am moved by how you've been inspired by her. You look beautiful.
  • oonafey
    oonafey Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look great! I am sorry you lost your mother, but what a way to make a positive out of her death! Great job!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Our mothers are resting easy knowing we are working towards a better life for ourselves through eating and exercise. As a mom, I want better for my kids than what I had........so I know our moms are the same.

Keep up the great work Amy. You are a sweet caring person that I just adore :love:
  • jhoyett
    jhoyett Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I lost my mom to cancer almost a year ago (7/23) and this really got me today. A few years before her diagnosis, she was on a super health kick and had lost a ton of weight by simply changing her eating habits and walking in the mall 5 days a week. She was down to hear goal weight for only a short time before she started losing weight uncontrollaby due to her illness. Any time I start ignoring my health, I can hear her voice talking about "empty calories" or "portion sizes". Your mom would be SO PROUD of you. You look great. Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look fab!
    And under your ticker I noticed your kids names which is funny because when we have kids we want to name them Aiden and Ava..how crazy!! :smile:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    As a mom who is older than yours would have been, I am sure she is so very proud of you and happy that you are making such positive changes. Your family is beautiful and I wish you many, many happy and healthy years with them. You are certainly on the right track!!!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your Mom. You must miss her!

You completely ROCK! You look fab and are such an inspiration to me! Great work! Keep it up!
  • yepitsmel
    yepitsmel Posts: 14
    Options
    Your Mom would be so proud of you!!!!! Congrat's!!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I agree that your mum would be so proud of you.
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    You are an incredibly strong and positive influence.

Some people would fall into depression with what you went through and go in the opposite direction, but for you to turn it around and use it to make a positive change in your life is so, well, magnificent.

Congratulations on what you've done, your children are so lucky to have a mother like you.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind words. I'm living proof that anyone can do this no matter the situation.

Jeannie--I adore you too! :heart:
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Congrats, you look fab!
    And under your ticker I noticed your kids names which is funny because when we have kids we want to name them Aiden and Ava..how crazy!! :smile:
    Awesome! Just be careful though. I frequently call them by the wrong names. LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!