C25K plus... what?

Options
I'm starting C25K this week, but also want to throw a daily dvd workout into the mix as well (I've tried many times, and failed many times, to get a 'going to the gym' routine to stick) but I'm not sure which dvd I should try out.

Any suggestions? What's your favorite? Right now, pretty much every area is a trouble area!

Thanks!

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Instead of that, I'd recommend investing in a bench, rack, bar and some plates. If you can't get that, some adjustable dumbbells or heavy resistance bands to get in some good strength training. If you really want some videos, check out blogilates.com, sweatybetties.com, fitnessblender.com or the beFit Channel on YouTube.
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 or 30 Day Shred. They are 20-25 min long and produce great results.
  • coleyco30
    coleyco30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Unfortunately, finances aren't currently there to buy any major equipment at the moment.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I do Insanity and c25k
  • Adavid86
    Adavid86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi.

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or the crazy Blogilates girl on YouTube. She also has a DVD that I love.
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've just re-started C25K (completed it successfully last year) & am finishing W1 now. If you want a running buddy feel free to add me!
    I also do P90X, 30DS and use my recumbent bike, mostly.

Best wishes!
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the Nike Training Club app on my phone. It's really awesome. and it was free.
  • frostytots
    frostytots Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm doing C210K (I started with C25K) and usually do a different workout other than running 2x a week (although not right now as I'm training for my 1st race). If you youtube Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, or even the "daily hiit" there are full workouts if you're short on $$. I did horribly trying to lose anything in the gym.
  • coleyco30
    coleyco30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Due to some unforeseen flooding through my entire city 2 weeks ago, I was just finally able to start C25K today, and tomorrow I start 30 Day Shred... thanks for the tips!