FORGET IT. IT'S NOT WORTH IT ANYMORE!

Options
Forget about all of the junk food, dairy products, ect. They aren't worth it anymore. To feel this pain. This insecurity. I'm not asking for sympathy and I'm not typing this for attention, I'm typing this so you know & I hope you realize this too! It is not worth it! To cry about weight and complain about it, feel insecure, ect. I'd rather smile and be happy eating my lean meats, veges and drinking my water than crying and eating my cake. Cake isn't my future. Life is.

Replies

• BarrettBarrage
    Options
    Forget about all of the junk food, dairy products, ect. They aren't worth it anymore. To feel this pain. This insecurity. I'm not asking for sympathy and I'm not typing this for attention, I'm typing this so you know & I hope you realize this too! It is not worth it! To cry about weight and complain about it, feel insecure, ect. I'd rather smile and be happy eating my lean meats, veges and drinking my water than crying and eating my cake. Cake isn't my future. Life is.

nailed it!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Great Insight for someone so Young! NOW, the KEY is having the ability to LIVE THAT!!!
  • DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    Agree with everything except the Dairy part. Unless you are lactose intolerant or vegan, no reason to avoid dairy! :)
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    No cheese or greek yogurt? I would be sooo sad. :}
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Awesome post.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Dairy is pretty important. Calcium, protein, fat, potassium, Vit D and other minerals.

The sugary treats can definitely go.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i eat what i feel like as long a s im under my calories but ive been eating healthier
    if i want chocolate . ill have chocolate and put the calories d own as long as im under my calorie goal
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    :sad: for the love of dairy!!!! :sad:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Depends if she is LI. If you are, OP, Silk lite vanilla or Almond Breeze almond milk are great alternatives! :) Fewer calories and Silk actually has more calcium than milk :) Good for you for realizing this. Add me if you feel like you need support!
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    No crying here.. I spend most my energy now doing some form of workout instead of feeling sorry about anything. I agree it's worth letting go all that stuff as well As good as it is you don't really need it in your life... R.I.P junk food.
  • darylewb
    darylewb Posts: 45
    Options
    Right-on! Very cool post.
  • booplus2002
    booplus2002 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love the Doctor Who ticker!
  • rockford91
    rockford91 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    THIS. <3
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Love the Doctor Who ticker!

Thanks! <3
  • blmurphy37
    blmurphy37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great post! and oh how i agree!!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    It's definitely not worth it without cheese.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I hate to be THAT guy but.... you know you can have junk food, dairy, ice cream or whatever you desire and still lose weight right? I of course understand the inability to resist temptation because of which we sometimes swear off a particular food (I know I have done so in the past) but many on this site lose weight while eating junk food and still lose weight. I eat about 200 calories worth of ice cream almost daily.

I do bid you good luck though. I notice that you're new and might require some time learning moderation etc but just keep it in the back of your mind that the goal isn't to never eat junk food. The goal is to enjoy life while being healthy and fit and as many on this site have proven, its possible to be healthy while still enjoying a little bit of unhealthy junk food :)
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I agree that the foods we, as individuals, consider our nemeses, be it dairy, sugar, fast foods or potato chips, aren't worth all the angst, pain and self-loothing that come with eating too much of it or having an unhealthy relationship with it. Getting to the heart of the matter of WHY i was eating, instead of WHAT I was eating, has allowed me to experience true peace when it comes to my food! Nothing is off limits to me, but, with that said my daily dietary choices are much healthier than they used to be. :happy:
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

I hate to be THAT guy but.... you know you can have junk food, dairy, ice cream or whatever you desire and still lose weight right? I of course understand the inability to resist temptation because of which we sometimes swear off a particular food (I know I have done so in the past) but many on this site lose weight while eating junk food and still lose weight. I eat about 200 calories worth of ice cream almost daily.

I do bid you good luck though. I notice that you're new and might require some time learning moderation etc but just keep it in the back of your mind that the goal isn't to never eat junk food. The goal is to enjoy life while being healthy and fit and as many on this site have proven, its possible to be healthy while still enjoying a little bit of unhealthy junk food :)

This.

Nutritious food should make up the majority of your diary but there is nothing wrong with dairy (unless as others have mentioned, you are L.I.) and in my opinion a future without cake would be a very sad future. There is no reason to cut out foods completely for weight loss, medical or ethical reasons aside.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It's definitely not worth it without cheese.
    Yeah. I won't give it up. When I turned vegetarian a few years ago (& vegan on occasion) I absolutely refused to give up cheese.

That being said, I do limit it though. And very happy that my favorite - mozzarella - is low in fat & cals. :smile: Cheese has protein too ya know!

And I started having Greek yogurt almost every day a few months ago & LOVE it.

Otherwise I prefer almond, soy (organic), or rice milk.

Sorry didn't mean to take away from OP - totally love the post & happy for her! I just love cheese hehe