Multi-Vitamin making me nauseous?

Options
Or is it my birth control?

So I believe I started taking my Woman's One a Day the same day as I started my inactive pills(Loestrin 24). So far I have been horribly nauseous every morning. The last 4 to be exact. I start my new pack tomorrow. I take them both together at the same time every morning. Always before I eat, and always with water. I always get really warm, then nauseous, then light headed and have to lay down til it passes. Even now as I write this I am trying to force down some cereal and can't. I am most def. on my "womanly wonderfulness", so I really don't think I'm pregnant.

Anyone else had this problem before?

Also when I burp after it always taste like the darn vitamin... LOL!

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Eat first. I have to make sure my stomach is full before I take mine. They are harsh on your stomach when it is empty.
  • nikkishay717
    nikkishay717 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I take the same multi vitamin and I find that if I eat first and then take the pill that I don't get sick. This of course was learned after a few really bad days of getting sick like you said.
  • dford5
    dford5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've had an issue with this same multivitamin but I took the one-a-day weight control pill. I took it with food and a full glass of water, and my stomach would kill me! I just don't take them anymore.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Eat first or take them before bed. When I took them I could only take them before bed or I would be sick all day long.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Multi-vitamins should be taken with food, not before you eat. Even with a meal it may make you nauseous but should not be as bad as on an empty stomach.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Same problem here! I usually take vitamins at night for that reason, but then again I rarely remember to take them...:ohwell:
  • GeraldP
    GeraldP Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same problem when taking vitamins and I actually stopped taking them for years because I just didn't like starting every day off with that nausea feeling. I started taking them again a few years ago after I heard Dr. Oz say to take them after you eat and also cut them in half. So, now I take half in the morning after breakfast and half after dinner and I have never had that nausea feeling again.

Hope this works for you.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    yes, never take them on an empty stomach!! [the ones i take actually say that right on the bottle]

i made the mistake of taking them on an empty stomach once and felt awful.
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    I take several different types of supplements and I HAVE to take them WHILE I eat breakfast otherwise I do get a very upset stomach. If I forget to take them while I'm eating then I just skip them because I can't take them all at once.
  • stacemeow
    stacemeow Posts: 1
    Options
    take your multi-vitamin before you go to bed you will not have the problem anymore.
  • XoXoCountryGalXoXo
    XoXoCountryGalXoXo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I will be sure to try that tomorrow and hopefully that works!!