Restarting 30 DS today---who wants to join me?

Options
I restarted the 30 Day Shred (free video on Youtube!!) with Jillian today. I started the program and got up to level 2 day 4 when I injured my knee and had to take a break. I am back at it (with a new knee brace) and really excited to finish. This time I will be taking a break every 3 days to prevent another injury. Anyone want to join me? Feel free to friend me and let's rock this out!!

Replies

• jazpurita
    jazpurita Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am on round2 30DS with some other DVDs of hers tomorrow will be day 4 for me last round I lost a total of 12 pounds hoping I can do that again this round but any progress is good
  • dollhousedolly
    dollhousedolly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was doing 30day shred 2-3 times a week on level 2 till it was taken down this week. What level are you starting at?
  • jazpurita
    Options
    I am doing level 1 and 2 alternating between those and Jillian michaels other DVDs no trouble zones and boost fat and metabolism and I do zumba 2 nights a week
  • GinE73
    GinE73 Posts: 68
    Options
    Ok, ok- I'll FINALLY start. I've been putting it off for almost 2 months and now I only have 44 days until my goal day. EEK! :embarassed:
  • stephaniegcoffey
    stephaniegcoffey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 day 9 today and plan to do finish level 1 tomorrow. I am excited for, but a bit intimidated by level 2. Unfortunately I still can only do 5 real pushups and do the rest on my knees....

I've been doing it about 4 times per week and jogging 3 to 4 times per week, so it's going to take me a bit longer to finish the 30 days. But I like to mix things up and get outside when it is nice.

What's everyone's goal for doing the shred? Mine is to get rid of my love handles! Let's keep each other motivated!
  • casiej11
    casiej11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was doing 30day shred 2-3 times a week on level 2 till it was taken down this week. What level are you starting at?

I'm restarting on level 1. I'll see how it goes come day 5 and maybe bump up to level 2.
  • casiej11
    Options
    I did level 1 day 9 today and plan to do finish level 1 tomorrow. I am excited for, but a bit intimidated by level 2. Unfortunately I still can only do 5 real pushups and do the rest on my knees....

I've been doing it about 4 times per week and jogging 3 to 4 times per week, so it's going to take me a bit longer to finish the 30 days. But I like to mix things up and get outside when it is nice.

What's everyone's goal for doing the shred? Mine is to get rid of my love handles! Let's keep each other motivated!

I have focused on the scale for so long. At my smallest I was at my goal "weight" but still soft everywhere. This time on this journey I want to focus more on the toning of my muscles than on the weight loss. Looking more at losing inches and toning. :-)
  • casiej11
    Options
    Ok, ok- I'll FINALLY start. I've been putting it off for almost 2 months and now I only have 44 days until my goal day. EEK! :embarassed:

Come on lady!! we will do it together!!
  • casiej11
    Options

Also, I found one video on Youtube that has all the levels combined. I just fast forward to the level I am currently on. I think I will just eventually buy the videos but I'm cheap. LoL!
  • missarielbaby
    missarielbaby Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of 30DS and I have already noticed a difference (not by eye but feeling different). I am dreading it right now but it is getting a little easier... a little. haha.
  • meghanmaeandrews
    meghanmaeandrews Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just started today. I will be doing it about 4 times per week. It was definatly hard. my abs are sore but looking forward to the rewards at the end
  • casiej11
    Options
    I am on round2 30DS with some other DVDs of hers tomorrow will be day 4 for me last round I lost a total of 12 pounds hoping I can do that again this round but any progress is good

12 lbs?!?! Wow! That is great. I'm hoping for inches gone off my hips, arms, belly, and thighs (so basically everywhere lol!) Weight loss would be a bonus but I would rather see tone and definition. Good luck with round #2!
  • jazpurita
    Options
    You will def lose inches
    I started on March 5 finished on April 11

Start weight 205
    Bust-38 1/2
    Arm-14
    Waist-40
    Hips-45
    Thigh-30 1/2

After 30DS weight 193
    Bust-36 1/2
    Arms-14 (stayed the same)
    Waist-37
    Hips-43 1/2
    Thigh-29
  • ROCKNMIMI
    ROCKNMIMI Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Your results are amazing! I need similiar results by my birthday! :)
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see your post! I did day 1 of 30 DS today, before you posted this! I was really impressed with the workout. I used to be an aerobics instructor, and was into weight lifting pretty seriously at the time....this was back in the 80's. Through the years, I've had a lot of health problems, and became sedentary.... but in Feb. started walking/jogging/running again. I just found out about the 30 DS program from reading some of the posts on here, so I thought I'd check it out today, for some of my cross training. I was planning on trying to stick with the program, at least to do it on my "rest" days from running. Let's keep each other motivated, and get these bodies movin'!! :flowerforyou:
  • jazpurita
    Options
    Your results are amazing! I need similiar results by my birthday! :)

Thank you! You will do it just push through the 30 days of working out I had to take a couple rest days throughout so I think it ended up being around 40 days but would hit it full force the next day YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • xjmcx
    xjmcx Posts: 27
    Options
    I'll follow alng with you! I started on the 15th - I'm alternating 2 days shred,1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, rest day, just to break it up a bit!
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I started the 30DS on Tuesday 16th so today will be day 3 - anyone else REALLY feeling it in their legs? My calves and thighs are SO sore! I will power through though as I remember this being the hardest bit the last time I did it and the results were definitely worth it!

No pain no gain! :)
    -x-x-
  • Scallyboo
    Scallyboo Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Today is day 6 for me. I will run 5k twice a week and on the other days I'll do the shred. I started before and got to day 14 and had an arthritis flair up so had to stop, and once I stop I find it very hard to get motivated to do it again.

I will take two days off this week - Friday and Saturday as I have my work night out (I am finsihing up and moving onto a new job) so I just wont have time.

My motivation : We are flying to the Algarve for a week in the sun in 6 weeks time. Dont want the beached whale look!
  • weeknddd
    weeknddd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 today. It's been quite a challenge as I'm really unfit, but yesterday was the first time that I didn't have to pause the video a couple of times in order not to die. Wouldn't say that there are any noticable differences to my body so far (wasn't expecting it anyway, not on day 6 :D), but I'm feeling SO much better. I'll probably do more than 10 days of level 1, just because of all the pausing and I want to keep going until exams are over (31 May!). We'll see how it goes. :)

Hang in there! X