p90x friends, please :)

Options
I'm currently in the middle of week two and so far it seems as though none of my friends last have done p90x before. Was looking for a bit of encouragement from people who are also doing it and/or finished it and have seen results!

I don't generally need a lot of encouragement, I'd just like to be able to go through it with someone or talk to someone who's been there!

Even if you're just starting, I'd love to moan about my aches and pains with you and also share our results too :D

Replies

• MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like i am going on to Day 38 of my first round :)
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and ask any questions :)

The first fitness program I tried over 3-4 years ago was P90X, but I never commited. I would do like one workout, not even, I would stop halfway, and not workout again till like next week or two.

Last year I decided to finally change my lifestyle for real. Exercise, eat right, all that good stuff.
    I started with Insanity. Missed some days here and there, but I got it done. I started feeling and looking great, that was when my love for exercise began.

P90X was next, I completed it and I don't even think I missed a day, if I did it was just one. I absolutely love P90X. It's perfect for overall fitness. The muscle pumps, the plyo, the yoga, the kenpo, it has everything! P90X was truly my on switch to overall fitness, I've never felt so great in my life.

I tried P90X2, got about the first month done but found out about Body Beast and now I'm currently doing that and will restart P90X2 after Body Beast.

Good luck with completing P90X! I'm here for anything :)
    Like Tony says, just keep pressing play!
  • tobirhae
    tobirhae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I did P90X last year and had great results. After that I did Insanity and wasn't as impressed. I'd highly recommend P90X. I still do the workouts sometimes, but I'm getting bored with them and I'm on the search for something new. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for replying, added you all :D
  • jamielinderart135
    jamielinderart135 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I plan on starting P90X this week myself. Do we know approximately the calories burned during one disc?
  • RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well, I use a HRM so I know what I'm burning. There's a website though, that can calculate an estimate for each work out.

Here it is! : http://p90xcalories.com/
  • LSotham
    LSotham Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 66 of P90X Lean. I have noticed a huge difference in my muscle tone, especially in my upper body. I am scheduled to complete P90X on May 4, and then I am going to take a week off before starting Insanity on May 13.

I've lost 5 lbs and 9.75" since starting P90X. I think it would have been more if I'd been following the diet better (and my starting weight was 124, so I don't have a ton to lose, I'm more concerned about the tone), but I plan to commit to the diet during Insanity.

I am getting married on August 10 and then we are spending 10 days in Maui... I need to be ready to go.

Add me!
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 3 and I am getting better. Would love some company and to cheer on and complain about our aches to each other. You all can add me as well!!
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me as well. I'm currently on my third successive round and I'm loving it!

Here's a link to my journey so far
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF9BTJ_SkYs
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You can definitely add me, I currently on the last of the first phase. I've done it off and on for several years and have completed the the entire classic program 4 times and the lean once. Had some fantastic results. It's a great program. I've been off it for a year due to healing from a really bad injury and surgery and it's been great to get back the results that I lost during my healing. :smile:
  • Momof52010
    Momof52010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I have tried it before but have not stuck with it. I will be restarting it Monday though. :happy:
  • CoachColin
    Options
    I plan on running a FREE challenge group on facebook starting the 6th of next month. If anyone you guys are interested feel free to message me or adding me on here. I'm currently in week 1 of my 2nd round doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid. In my first round I lost 29lbs and 15% body fat.
  • CoachColin
    Options
    Add me too! I plan on starting P90X this week myself. Do we know approximately the calories burned during one disc?
    Thats something that completely varies from person to person. I myself I burned as few as 500 calories but as many as 1200(That was doing Plyo X).
  • PinkGemini612
    PinkGemini612 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the P90X/TurboFire Hybrid! Would love some buddies if you are interested!
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I did 3 rounds of p90x and am in my last week if p90x+. Then I'll start the hybrid. I'm amazed at my progress, from not doing any pull-ups to being able to do some of all the types and still improving. My muscle tone is better than ever before. Feel free to add me. And remember to just press play!
  • elena0559
    elena0559 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im planning on starting this on Monday but I have tons of questions! Like do I have to follow the orer of the dvd's?
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Im planning on starting this on Monday but I have tons of questions! Like do I have to follow the orer of the dvd's?

You should follow the program as outlined in the booklet and schedule. The Beachbody website has the schedule if you didn't receive it.
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am starting on May 6 feel free to add me!
  • elena0559
    elena0559 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I borrowed from a friend so I dont have the calendar and all that stuff but I will look it up.