I just binged :(

Options
So I was doing well today. I ate my 1200 calories of healthy food. Then I just now proceeded to eat:
3 Larabars (630 calories)
A square of Vosges chocolate (63)
11 Moravian cookies (550)
I feel like I have screwed up and totally lost it. I ate all my calories for tomorrow. Do I have to fast tomorrow?

Replies

• CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Eat normal, eat healthy tomorrow.
    Today is done, over kiss it off, don't look back.
    Tomorrow is a new day.
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    No, start fresh tomorrow. Maybe a 1200 calorie diet isn't for you if it causes you to binge. Whatever the set calorie limit is, it shouldn't be that difficult to follow, otherwise it could be too low.
  • lumadances
    Options
    I immediately think that perhaps 1200 is too little for your daily consumption and your body is wanting more. Perhaps share your goals here, because 1200...I'm not sure why people aim for this very small goal... anyways, I wouldn't beat myself up too much. Track it and move on. Tomorrow is a new day. NEVER STARVE YOURSELF.
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    haha WOW well first things first don't have that type of food in your house thats a lot of calories for so little of things! keep fruit around and maybe sugar free candies . Dont be too hard on yourself Ive done that plenty of times… just work out a little extra tomorrow !
  • Brummig
    Brummig Posts: 94
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up - you can't change what's happened, but you are in charge of what you do next. Don't fast tomorrow, get back on plan and stick to your 1200, and move forward.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    It happens to everyone we need to accept that we are perfectly imperfect and only human as Jenny Craig says. Don't beat yourself up about it. ( I know this is easy to say but hard to do) Give yourself positive self talk, confessing it helps through this forum know there is no judgment because it will happen to the best of us. I suggest to just exercise and try to reflect on what triggered it? Did you eat becuase your were frustrated, lonely, anxious, or bored? Tomorrow is a new day and take control of what you will eat make a plan and pre plan your snacks and breakfast and lunch and dinner. Maybe set a day of the week where you can have a small treat that you may need to so the binges are not being caused from cutting something cold turkey and you can slowly faze it out of your life in small steps. Hope this helps just know your not alone I binged today and I had to confess to my brother and he just told me you will be fine. Good luck don't give up I really like this quote.
    "successful people are not people who never failed they are people who never gave up"
  • dawsonlee12
    dawsonlee12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon, really. I just had a horrible week and binged a couple of times. But with the help of my friends on MFP, I have stuck with it and i got up the next day and started a brand new day.
    You can do that too, keep it up you are going to do great.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Don't make yourself miserable. You goofed up, but start fresh tomorrow. We all make mistakes; allow yourself to be human. But, for heaven's sake, please don't starve yourself tomorrow.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    God I wish my binges were like your binges...
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    do you normally eat your EXERCISE calories back , if no, PLEASE EAT THEM BACK!
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Look at it a week at a time. You binged what, 1000 extra calories? Whatever. You have 7 days of a deficit of 250-500 calories. By having a good week you will more than make up for the extra calories that you ate today.

Don't let it get you off track. We all have bad days, yet its the rest of the good days that keep us moving in the right direction.
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    Okay.. You might not wanna here this.. But you are basically starving yourself. The only way 1200 calories is gonna work is if you dont ever do anything.. Say.. Stay in bed all day.
    Your body was craving more calories. It is telling you you need to eat more. And since you are trying to lose so little (<20) and are looking to more 'tone' your body, you really dont need that much of a deficit. Looking at your stats and assuming you workout about three days a week, you should be consuming at least 1700 calories. I would also suggest working on toning your body because being 5'8" and never being heavier than 120 sounds damn skinny to me.

I consume 1600 calories a day and eat back all my exercise calories. I am 5'5" and 196 lbs. My goal weight is 130. I lose about a lb a week. Sometimes less.. But slow is good.. Because then you run less of a chance of gaining that weight back.
    (I am basing this data on things others have told me (who are way more weight loss savy than me)

Everyone slips up every once in a while. Dont sweat it to much.
    Good luck!!
  • g1lbertsgrape
    g1lbertsgrape Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One day is one day...there is 7 days in a week so don't be down!
    Just get back on the horse tomorrow and get back to it.
    A good work out will help get you back on track too
  • eag264
    eag264 Posts: 116
    Options
    No, start fresh tomorrow. Maybe a 1200 calorie diet isn't for you if it causes you to binge. Whatever the set calorie limit is, it shouldn't be that difficult to follow, otherwise it could be too low.

I second this. I started with a 1200 calorie allowance but I'm trying to lose 100 lbs for one year. Two months in and I didn't see any significant change as I was exercising and following the 1200 max.

Then I was reading a few message boards and found around 5 people (or more) all saying that they increased their allowance by a few hundred and that caused them to drop weight.

I increased to 1500 and in 2 weeks I lost 2 kilos (around 4.5 lbs) and I was thrilled. Mind you that setting your calorie higher doesn't mean you eat right up to your allowance. I did fine and actually never ate my exercise calories back. It might help you to add more. Try it for a few weeks and see what happens. If anything else, there's only 3 weeks to lose :)

Also don't get down on yourself. Having good self talk is very important on this journey. Accept your fault and move on. Start the new day fresh learn from yesterday's mistakes.

Good Luck!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Yup, fast tomorrow. All of your progress is completely ruined now. Everything you've worked for is destroyed.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, these kinds of posts are just starting to get too funny to take seriously.