Raspberry Ketone

Options
2»

Replies

• jenichenny
    jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    They probably work to some degree. But they don't teach you to eat healthy or to exercise so as soon as you stopped the pounds would come back. Best to do a lifestyle change then a diet. However, if your doing both it probably won't hurt.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz needs to stop talking. Seriously. He's gonna injure someone.

They are crap..and he's getting richer by the moment :(

I've seen a lot of people make these comments about Dr Oz. How exactly is he making money off it if people aren't buying from him. It's not like he sells supplements. Just curious.

they pay him to endorse the product.
  • jenichenny
    jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
    Options

I've seen a lot of people make these comments about Dr Oz. How exactly is he making money off it if people aren't buying from him. It's not like he sells supplements. Just curious.

Really? that seems unethical of him lol.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    They're great for working through a "plateau" while preventing "starvation mode" in overweight people who eat 1200 calories per day but don't eat back their exercise calories, so long as they maintain a "clean" diet. However, if you're a woman and lift heavy, you're going to bulk up anyway, so don't waste your money.

--P

Oh really?
  • sunshine12870
    sunshine12870 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have just started the raspberry ketone, not expecting any miracles but if they work great, if not i wont buy any more, if you want to add me im happy to keep you informed as to how i get on.

Here they cost £10 for a months supply, £2.50 a week , no big loss if it dont work and id easily spend £2.50 on crap every week anyway.

My friend has also just started the Acai Berry as thats reported to be better with much better results, so im waiting to see how she gets on with that.

Dont go into expecting anything great, then if nothing happens your not disappointed and if it does its a bonus :-)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    They're great for working through a "plateau" while preventing "starvation mode" in overweight people who eat 1200 calories per day but don't eat back their exercise calories, so long as they maintain a "clean" diet. However, if you're a woman and lift heavy, you're going to bulk up anyway, so don't waste your money.

--P

I see what you did there. :wink:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

--P

no, a woman will not bulk up any quicker than a man, even if they lift heavy for years.

I think you missed his tongue sticking out (I think that's what it is) I took it as sarcasm..........
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Really? that seems unethical of him lol.

Welcome to the land of opportunity where the streets are paved with gold; you can't take ethics to the bank........:laugh: :laugh:
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

--P

U do realize that everything u said is complete bs as well, right? Starvation mode doesn't exist.. unless you have about 8% body fat...which no one considering raspberry keytones does. Also, women are not going to bulk up by lifting heavy unless they are going thru sex change procedures and on testosterone hormone supplements. And, the are not great for working through a plateau there is no evidence stating that... same goes for your statement regarding a clean diet.

Turn Dr. Oz off bro.

My sarcasm detector is kind of faulty sometimes, but I'm pretty sure they were being sarcastic.

Your sarcasm detector seems like a finely tuned instrument to me! :drinker:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    In practice they have been shown to reduce weight gain in overfed rats. If you are an overfed rat and you wish to reduce your weight gain then you may want to buy some.

However, given that you are not a rat and you are probably not overfeeding, I would save your money.

Also, placebo effect is a strong thing.

Well said.

I went through a "Dr. Oz" phase and bought into the Raspberry ketone thing. They are the only thing that seemed truly harmless to try, so I did. Results? No difference. Don't waste your money, and i recommend watching Dr. Oz in moderation. :)
  • ro_girl68
    ro_girl68 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    lol i do love dr oz maybe too much

i have changed my lifestyle, eating better and working out
    i already dropped 20 lbs this way and i feel great!
    but i was just wondering if these things work

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT!! :D
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

--P

U do realize that everything u said is complete bs as well, right? Starvation mode doesn't exist.. unless you have about 8% body fat...which no one considering raspberry keytones does. Also, women are not going to bulk up by lifting heavy unless they are going thru sex change procedures and on testosterone hormone supplements. And, the are not great for working through a plateau there is no evidence stating that... same goes for your statement regarding a clean diet.

Turn Dr. Oz off bro.

1339083581678.jpg
  • gymbunnyaalia
    Options
    I've had a terrible sore throat for the last 2 weeks i've been taking them...feel like my glands are up too...have only just put two and two together timings-wise that this is probably from RK. Is it worth this side effect?