Guys...

Options
Today was my birthday (I say was, as it's already past midnight here :P) and... we went out to a 'blind' restaurant. Ya know, the kind where you choose between poultry, fish, beef, vegetarian and surprise and then have to discover everything in the dark without further knowledge of what you are eating? Yeah I took vegetarian, which wasn't such a bad choice in terms of calories I think... Sure it was still high, and sure I could've had avoided those 3 pralines, but beneath that I had pretty much no clue of what I was eating but still... I easily busted my calorie limit. I still biked at a leisurely pace for approx an hour, was on the elliptical for some good 35 minutes and did the 30dS level 3, but... yeah...
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to lose weight anymore. In fact, i've lost a bit too much and seem to be battling with some sort of vague EDNOS...

Just... is it okay to eat a little too much (more) on your birthday?

Replies

• TheNavet
    TheNavet Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Please :frown:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Cheat days/reward days/falls off the proverbial wagon happen to just about everyone at one time or another. A single lapse won't ruin your progress unless you let that lapse become your new normal.

Enjoy your birthday.
  • TheNavet
    Options
    Okay... okay, thank you :). I haven't had a cheat day in... a very VERY long time...
    I guess you don't get fat from one day to another anyway...
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Cheat days/reward days/falls off the proverbial wagon happen to just about everyone at one time or another. A single lapse won't ruin your progress unless you let that lapse become your new normal.

Enjoy your birthday.

This!
  • knadine85
    knadine85 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor." Unknown
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor." Unknown

ooooo i love that! stealing
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    when its your birthday...there are no rules... buffet for me(my bday was on april 16th)
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Calories don't exist on one's birthday. Enjoy!!

...in moderation.
  • TheNavet
    Options
    Happy belated birthday then :flowerforyou: !

I guess I'll need to remember calories should not be counted on one's birthday then! Thank you all :blushing:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Yes. Indulging one day isn't going to make or break your weight loss.
  • BigAndTallSection
    BigAndTallSection Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So long as you sit in the corner and take a one minute time out for each year of your age then it will be just fine. Sigh.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

you've already eaten it... what would you do if people responded with 'OMG, how could you , thats the worst thing you could have done for your diet!?'

seriously, you had a nice meal for your birthday, great, well done, move on....
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I would never EVER count calories on my birthday and I have anything I want. Happy birthday!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Do push-ups untill your hands bleed. That should make up for this.
  • nuttcase802
    Options
    Glad I read this. My birthday is Saturday and I could really go for some bday cake. food wise I will probably stick to the norm.

OK seriously most people have a day where they indulge in something it was a special day for you don't even worry about it. Happy belated Birthday BTW