How many calories to replace due to exercise?

Options
My goal right now is 1200 calories a day. I'm working out 6 days a week. My question is, when I work out, how many of those calories that I burn should I replace? For example, if I burn 500 calories during a work out, MFP will update my net calories to 1700. Should I eat all 1700 calories in the day? Or only replace half of the calories burned during the workout so that I eat about 1450 calories a day?

Any guidance is much appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• tuckervc
    tuckervc Posts: 30
    Options
    Some people eat them all back. I eat at least half to all. I know that this weekend will be high calorie for me so I am only eating half back today, tomorrow and Friday to balance out things for the week. You should be eating back some of them.
  • rachelleigh4988
    rachelleigh4988 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tuckervc. It feels kind of strange to eat more when I'm not hungry (and dieting!) but I guess my body needs it to lose the weight. I haven't had this problem when dieting in the past, so it's a weird feeling for me.
  • tuckervc
    tuckervc Posts: 30
    Options
    Sometimes I might not feel hungry so I will drink some chocolate milk. That gives me something sweet and helps with my protein. I really struggle with hitting that goal somedays. And a favorite snack is peanut butter and apples or a bowl of cereal.
  • rachelleigh4988
    rachelleigh4988 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Those are great tips. Thank you so much!
  • melisafilsinger
    Options
    Im glad you asked that question cause I was wondering the same thing!!!! :0)
  • cay2810
    cay2810 Posts: 15
    Options
    me too!