Tough Mudder May 4th 2013 - UK

Options
Is there anyone else mad enough to be taking part in Tough Mudder - London North (Northampton) on May 4th?

Just curious as to what training you have been doing, outfit choice for the day, trainers or trail footwear and expected finishing time?

Which obstacle are you most fearful of and are you doing it alone or as a Team?

Replies

• whairigaila
    Options
    Hi Janey :)

I'm doing a UK tough mudder but its in Dalkeith, not London.

Not decided on shoes/clothes etc but from what people tell me - skin tight, lightweight clothing, goggles and KEEP your mouth shut in the water, several people fell ill last year from E Coli caused by the dirty water xx
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello - I'm doing the Dalkeith one too, it's in August.

Currently doing a wide range of general fitness (lots of circuit type stuff), need to increase my running.

Really not thought about clothing etc and I'd not heard about the goggles! I'm least looking forward to the water jump as I'm not fond of water at the best of times and would never, ever choose to jump into it - yikes!
  • falco37
    falco37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've done one last year (I live in the US) and I'm doing another one in June this year. I look least towards any form of shock because it makes my back spazz for a while after which isn't comfortable -.-

I've been mostly doing body weight workouts and have recently started training for a marathon so that will be the running portion of my training.

good luck to all mudders!
  • janey2607
    janey2607 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'd not heard about goggles? The least favorite obstacle is going to be the high walls, being only 5'3' im terrified of not getting over!!

Bring on the water, mud and even the electric shocks !!