Is everybody's goal to LOSE weight?

Options
Hi,

I'm quite active, into MMA and recently started running. I'm not looking to lose weight as such but build muscle and cut fat (same old story).

If anyone's in a similar position, it would be good to see what you're eating & doing and I'm always happy to share ideas and recipes etc. so add me!

Of course, I'd be happy for anyone to add me and I'm happy to give encouragement and positive feedback where and when I can. I believe that a good experience is an experience shared.

Thanks

Replies

• Teodice
    Teodice Posts: 9
    Options
    Losing some weight would be azum and then build! xD If you want a crazy swede to give encouragement just add me
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My first focus was weight but now I'm concentrating on gaining muscle and losing BF! I've come to realize that losing fat is much more important than losing weight!
  • cay2810
    cay2810 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm actually at a weight where it's not really possible to lose anymore weight unless starving myself! So It's a good weight and I am also aiming to tone up the arms and etc :)
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same, but I'm still at the slow calorie upping part until I reach maintainance
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    My goal right now is to maintain which I find harder than losing!! I have been maintaining for 8 months and have to weigh myself every day to stop from shoving things into my mouth!!! I log food and exercise every day.
  • golden6911
    golden6911 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    No, I am more interested in fitness and fat loss. I use mfp to monitor calories but more importantly macros.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    no, trying to cut fat and add a few pounds of muscle. slowly but surely
  • jamiecoles
    Options
    Good stuff!

Any advice when transitioning from weight loss to maintenance?
  • jamiecoles
    Options
    MFP is ace for monitoring macros. What do you aim for? I've found mine are about 33:33:33, but I don't think that's right?
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    no... cut fat and build some muscle for me
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm also not trying to lose weight, but am trying to lower body fat and add some muscle and definitiion.