I need support!

Options
Hi guys! I really love MFP. i do not have much support at home, so I would love some here. I need people to help encourage and motivate me. I am 21, and currently 216, and I am setting small goals for myself as I go along. It would be great to have some motivation, and I will be more than happy to encourage any of you as well. Thank You.

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • mmwarner
    mmwarner Posts: 2
    Options
    Girl you can totally do it and I think that you are doing the right thing by starting off setting small goals for yourself so that way you dont become too discouraged. Remember, rome wasnt built in a day so its going to take a while to see results but just keep up the hard work and your faith and the end results will be most rewarding!!! Remember that you are never alone in this constant battle towards optimum health and happiness!
  • allim
    allim Posts: 21
    Options
    Leesey,

Baby Steps, Baby Steps.... The most important way to stay motivated is to set small goals. This way you feel a sense of accompliment the whole journey! But it sounds as if you have already implimented the key to reaching your traget fitness- your are well on your way!

Also- recgonizing when you need the extra supposrt is vital. Those who are two proud to ask for help are doomed for failure..... Kudos to you for reaching out here on MFP... You Go Girl!!!!!!!
  • dstrejcek
    dstrejcek Posts: 1
    Options
    You can do it! It is a mindset. Set your goal and focus on the end result. I have done it successfully in the past, but fell off the wagon and gained 50 lbs in past 5 years. I am back on for good. This is a life changing decision. Exercise too, it make you feel very good--I promise. I know you can do this because you want to!
  • bonniejoy
    bonniejoy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Don't look at the big picture, just go day by day : ) Watch portion sizes and get your heart rate up for at least a half hour a day. It will become easier and easier : )

believe in yourself : )

*Obsessed is what the lazy people call dedication*
  • gringa1960
    Options
    Take it day by day , don't give up, if you fall off , remember, tomorrow is a new day , start fresh anew the next day.
  • crazy4him4552
    Options
    At MFP, you are among many people that will encourage you!! Small goals are GREAT! I love the tools here, they help motivate me to be consistent. I really like it at the end of the day when I've entered all my food and exercise entries, and it tells me what I would weigh in so many weeks if I keep up with what I'm doing. Kinda like a light at the end of the tunnel. As for support at home, I know how you feel. But, hey there's hope. My husband was never really into losing weight; afterall, he never had a reason to. In the past, when I would diet, he would just grab a bowl full of ice cream or mention going to Dairy Queen, or get pecan pie, which I absolutely love. And just plop on the couch. Not realizing that it was SUCH a temptation for me. I would just sit there with my little bitty apple, or yogurt. Then he would say, "Yep, the more calories, the better it taste". AHHH, :sad: I would get frustrated.
    Just the other night, he opted to go for a walk instead of eating ice cream. This was BIG. He finally realized what losing weight meant to me, and he is trying to lose a little too. There have been a few times when he would be the first to say, "Hey, let's go for a walk".
    So, don't give up. Stay determined and focused. And remember.......Philippians 4:13 states, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. :smile:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    add me if you like
  • maydianna
    maydianna Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome Leesey :)

I'm the same way - not a lot of support at home - and I've found so much great info and motivation from the MFP crew! Keep up the great work and good luck to you!!

I've been using MFP for awhile now but just recently started reading the message boards and they have been so helpful! Check them often - there are always great tips and encouraging words to be found.

You can do it!
  • leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    thanks so much guys! this is why i love this site, it is like a big family!:smile:
  • Spanx71
    Spanx71 Posts: 7
    Options
    You can totally do it, it is never easy but like my Dad always says anything good you want in life you have to fight for. You can totally add me as a friend if you want
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi Leesey,
    I'm in the same boat, no real life friends who can really understand what I'm going through and support me (mostly because they are all skinny !!)
    It's a bit strange at first to reach out to people online but I have found the MFP groups to be more supportive than I ever imagined and I really hope you have the same experience.

My absolute favorite support group on here is the over 200 club - link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/106425-over-200-new-year-new-me-part-27

I started at 225 in January and I'm down to 178 in large part due to the support I got from the ladies on that thread. Come join us if you like, all are welcome.
    Friend me if you like.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • worththeweight
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new too and need support, as I live with men who like to eat!! Looking forward to helping others as well as getting the help I desperately need to succeed!!
  • brwneyes71
    brwneyes71 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I really love MFP. i do not have much support at home, so I would love some here. I need people to help encourage and motivate me. I am 21, and currently 216, and I am setting small goals for myself as I go along. It would be great to have some motivation, and I will be more than happy to encourage any of you as well. Thank You.

I understand you can add me if you like. I am my biggest motorvator. I feel that i have to push myself. But i would be more than happy to help you with your weightloss journey and i do mine.