Roll Call! 2011 Disney Half Marathon!!!!!!!!

Options
My Father has just turned 60 years old today so to celebrate we have decided to run the Dinsey Wrold Half Marathon in January 2011! This will be the first Half Marathon for the both of us!

Our training plan commences in a little over two weeks (August 1st) .... anyone else registered for this event? of those of you who have registered will this be the first half marathon for any of you as well?

Let's form a support group. never having run a half marathon before we would appreciate checking in with others who are going through the same training trials and tribulations....

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to do the Goofy Challenge but in 2012. Can't afford it in 2011! :tongue:
  • allim
    allim Posts: 21
    Options
    WOW- the Goofy Challenge is crazy- I was looking at that!!! It is a half marathon on the Saturday and then the FULL on Sunday!?! that is almost 65 KM over the course of two days!!!!!!!

Wow- my hat is off to you- you must be fit like crazy!

Good Luck in 2012!!!!!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Well, maybe not today, but I will be by 2012. :smile:

I've done a half-marathon. I did the Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon here in San Jose and it was a BLAST! You'll have fun training for yours.

I'm also training for an Ironman. That has a marathon in it. If I can do that, I think I can do the Goofy Challenge. I want to do it because it's crazy. :laugh: Sometimes you just have to do something wild!

So, if you love doing the WDW Half, maybe I'll see you when you do it again (or the marathon or even Goofy's Challenge) in 2012!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    w r doing the half relay (Disney) this October. I may see ya then as well:)

Sign up with us...it is at 80% full as of 2day so there is still time. Rob~Jill
  • allim
    allim Posts: 21
    Options
    I am surprised.... is no one else out there registered for this race?
  • ammingjay
    ammingjay Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the half! I'm pretty excited! good luck! happy to know someone else is doing it besides me on here