Problem!

Options
Problem! So today i weigh my self in the morning and i weight last night 172 and this morning 162 BUT i didnt pee and its weird i have eating less only for two days ive gone 500 cals or burning exercise and eaten 500 the past two days dpnt judge my diet but why did i weigh 10 pounds less

Replies

• dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've had this before...when I lost far more than I figured. I waited until the next day and re-weighed for a corrected weight. Don't know why this happens, but I always figure that when something seems too good to be true...double check.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Crazy isn't it? I am a daily weigher and find the fluctuations fascinating. I have lost 4 pounds between going to sleep and waking up. And I have found that the better I sleep the more likely I am to drop overnight.

I'm not a scientist but I am pretty sure that fat fairies come while you are sleeping and suck the fat out of you. The deeper you are sleeping the longer they can feed.
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of fat fairies!!

OP - did you reweigh yourself? Sometimes I'm not standing on the scale quite right and get an odd number, but when I stand back on it works itself out. I'm generally 2lbs lighter in the morning than I am at night, so if I get some crazy result I know I did something wrong. Maybe you were standing wrong last night, or moved the scale to a different place on the floor. There are a million reasons the numbers can be so different between night and morning.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates a lot anyway, most people find it best to weigh at the same time each day as you get a much better idea of what's going on. A difference of 10 lbs with no bodily functions in between sounds like a lot though - perhaps your scales are faulty?

More importantly though - I couldn't quite understand what you said you were doing - are you saying that you are eating 500 calories a day, and then trying to burn 500 calories a day through exercise as well? That's a recipe for failure right there.
  • kiesha22001
    kiesha22001 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Crazy isn't it? I am a daily weigher and find the fluctuations fascinating. I have lost 4 pounds between going to sleep and waking up. And I have found that the better I sleep the more likely I am to drop overnight.

I'm not a scientist but I am pretty sure that fat fairies come while you are sleeping and suck the fat out of you. The deeper you are sleeping the longer they can feed.

^ LOVE this!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Ok, just a quick question, but why did you weigh before peeing?? Didn't you want to be the lightest you can be? Just curious
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

Fat fairies. :heart: :laugh:
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    is your scale on carpeting or a hard/tile floor? carpeting definitely makes my scale fluctuate widely, and it's a digital. a spring type scale can fluctuate just by how you stand on it.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I had that happen...changed the battery in my scale and they magically came back :laugh:
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    It just so happens that I am a scientist and I can confirm that 'fat fairies' do exist. They are among us, so watch out.
  • IDontLikeRegistering
    IDontLikeRegistering Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Try moving your scales around the room and around the house and see if you get different numbers each time. You want to have your scales on the hardest surface possible for accurate weighing.
  • kelbwjax
    kelbwjax Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It just so happens that I am a scientist and I can confirm that 'fat fairies' do exist. They are among us, so watch out.

From doctor to scientist.... many talents right there.
  • kelbwjax
    kelbwjax Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Make sure your scale is on a hard surface with nothing under it. Then reweigh after voiding, for a more accurate reading.