Slimming world

Options
Hi, I have been following slimming world at home now for 5 weeks and have lost 14lbs which I know is good, HOWEVER lol, last week I lost the 1lb that brought me up to the 14lbs off and I was in some ways gutted as I really had expected maybe 3lbs off. I had done 7hrs exercise of walking/jogging over the week, no alcohol and about 15 syns the whole week, some days I didn't have my healthy a and/or b as I simply wasn't hungry as I was eating enough super free fruit and veg with meals to keep away the hunger. This week I am still sticking to the ee plan and exercising still everyday, but trying to have some syns everyday and my healthy a and b everyday and see what the scales say next Monday 22/04/13. Will also be alcohol free again this week. Anyone any ideas on what I am doin wrong or should I just be happy with the way the weight loss is going, 28more lbs to go, but want as much as poss of for 10th wedding anniversary on 21st may :-)

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Some weeks you lose, some weeks you don't. Stay consistent and it'll all balance out. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
  • JenPass1977
    JenPass1977 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am not an expert but when I did slimming world a couple of years ago I am sure that the group leader said it was important to eat all the healthy A's and B's, something to do with combining food types and digestion...check on the SW website. I honestly think sometimes that if you try to take shortcuts by not eating everything you should it can back fire. I am sure someone else on here will be able to give you a far better answer. Good luck :)
  • EmilyWillBeSlim
    EmilyWillBeSlim Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    My SW consultant would say that you should definately have the He A and B everyday as it is a delicate balance. How about cheese on toast or cereal as an evenning snack?
    Also are you drinking loads of water?
    Try adding in a red or green day as well to mix it up a bit
    Also when you first start exercising your muscles will retain water to repair themselves. This usually subsides after a few weeks or if you have a rest day.
    Also try and have at least 5 syns a day, but generally not more than 10. So have that glass of wine so you dont feel deprived.
    Good luck
    x
  • Jamcar77
    Jamcar77 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks, that's what I am hoping tricksee
  • Jamcar77
    Options
    I try to have my healthy a and b as supper having a cheeses and onion toasters with cheese weighed and nimble wholemeal bread. Don't always feel like it so should maybe start trying to combine them into food I eat during the day. Thanks jenpass
  • Jamcar77
    Options
    Hi, I so,e times have the hea and b as a cheese and onion toastie as supper all weighed of course lol. I have been drinking about 3 litres of water a day and actually thinking maybe its too much but surely you can't drink too much. I have also sort of gone of tea and coffee and have been drinking green tea and camomile tea. Thanks Emily