New to MFP and looking for help/friends!

Options
Hi everyone!

I've just (re)downloaded the MFP app and am starting my new weight loss journey!

I had surgery to treat endometriosis and to remove my appendix last week. Post op, my appetite was a bit crap and so I lost a few pounds without really trying even though I was laid up!

Anyway, it inspired me to make a real go of it :)

My starting weight (heaviest ever, before surgery) was 245lbs and as of this morning I'm at 236.6lbs (I'm 5'7"). I want to get down to 130lbs but I'd be chuffed at 150 really!

I'm trying to have 1200kcal after exercise, so roughly 1350ish which MFP suggested to me. It's only been a few days but I'm feeling a lot better! I've been drinking a lot more water, eating more green things and have cut out all the s***. You can imagine my sick bed is surrounded by chocolates and temptations! I'm really proud of myself to be honest, but I'm struggling to think of good healthy recipes that aren't too expensive and that my OH will like!

I'd love it if some people would 'friend' me so that I can get some tips?

I'm back at work next week and am feeling much better so the surgery really isn't much of an issue anymore - although I can't really see myself doing crunches any time soon!

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Tash

Replies

• Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Your welcome to add me. :) i just had a little one not much to lose but i am always comitted. :)
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to have 1200kcal after exercise

Oh shi-
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me. Always looking for new friends to motivate and to help motivate me.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I'm on here daily!
  • terah7
    terah7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well! Feel free to add me.
  • rcadams97
    rcadams97 Posts: 106
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Tashsnowflake
    Tashsnowflake Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Is that bad @tricksee?
  • sarski77
    sarski77 Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I've just (re)downloaded the MFP app and am starting my new weight loss journey!

I had surgery to treat endometriosis and to remove my appendix last week. Post op, my appetite was a bit crap and so I lost a few pounds without really trying even though I was laid up!

My starting weight (heaviest ever, before surgery) was 245lbs and as of this morning I'm at 236.6lbs (I'm 5'7"). I want to get down to 130lbs but I'd be chuffed at 150 really!

I'm trying to have 1200kcal after exercise, so roughly 1350ish which MFP suggested to me. It's only been a few days but I'm feeling a lot better! I've been drinking a lot more water, eating more green things and have cut out all the s***. You can imagine my sick bed is surrounded by chocolates and temptations! I'm really proud of myself to be honest, but I'm struggling to think of good healthy recipes that aren't too expensive and that my OH will like!

I'm back at work next week and am feeling much better so the surgery really isn't much of an issue anymore - although I can't really see myself doing crunches any time soon!

Tash

Hello and welcome!!

My most honest opinion is that, given your starting weight, you can easily start eating far more than that and more easily stick to it for the long term :) Let me guess, did you put you want to lose 2lbs a week?
  • Tashsnowflake
    Options
    Thank you all so much! So many quick replies and three adds on my iPhone ! Really supportive network :) xxx
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Tash. First I hope you have a speedy recovery and you are heading in the right direction to get your eating & health on track. Feel free to add me as a MFP buddy. I'm on daily posting, supporting and motivating by example for over a year now. I wish you much success on this awesome journey.
  • Tashsnowflake
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Tash

Hello and welcome!!

My most honest opinion is that, given your starting weight, you can easily start eating far more than that and more easily stick to it for the long term :) Let me guess, did you put you want to lose 2lbs a week?

Yeah I did! I'm not very patient to be honest :S which, I know is something I need to work on! I'm trying to stick to it at least until I go back to work because I'm pretty much sedentary while I'm at home! Maybe it'll have to go up next week :) thanks for the advice
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Is that bad @tricksee?

Over a prolonged period of time, yes. You should always eat the maximum amount of calories possible whilst still maintaining reasonable fat loss.

I don't know what that number is as everyone's number is different. All I know is that 1200cals is NOT the number you should ever be aiming for. Bump it up a little or use a TDEE calulator to do the maths and find a good starting point and tweak it from there.

Good Luck!
  • MAshleyB
    MAshleyB Posts: 76
    Options
    you can add me :)
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I started at 237 and am 5'7" as well!
  • witchywillow
    witchywillow Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    hiya , im near the end of my target just 4lbs to go but im in it for the long run, i wouldnt have been able to stick to it without mfp, even on matience i will still be here, so please add me if u want :)
  • Tashsnowflake
    Options
    Is that bad @tricksee?

Over a prolonged period of time, yes. You should always eat the maximum amount of calories possible whilst still maintaining reasonable fat loss.

I don't know what that number is as everyone's number is different. All I know is that 1200cals is NOT the number you should ever be aiming for. Bump it up a little or use a TDEE calulator to do the maths and find a good starting point and tweak it from there.

Good Luck!

If my TDEE is 2354 how many should I take off do you reckon? Thanks!
  • sarski77
    sarski77 Posts: 79
    Options

Yeah I did! I'm not very patient to be honest :S which, I know is something I need to work on! I'm trying to stick to it at least until I go back to work because I'm pretty much sedentary while I'm at home! Maybe it'll have to go up next week :) thanks for the advice

Please don't take this the wrong way but patience is one thing that you will definitely need.

I've learnt at my own expense - keep in mind that the average woman burns 2000 calories per day (this doesn't include exercise) so even if you were to eat a little more, but be consistent, you will keep losing - without doubt.
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me on here everyday, but I'm with the other cals a very low. the posts re TDEE are a great way to go xx I'm 5'6" and eating TDEE minus 20% which should give me 1lbs loss. I try not to eat back my exercise cals so my daily cale total is 1918.

I only have 7lbs to go to my goal of 170lbs, I'd like to get to 165lbs eventually but feel anything lower than that would make me look ill.

I'm going more by measurements now than the scales ( they are evil anyway lol) as I can fit into UK size 12-14 depends on where I buy stuff and upped my exercise to include more weights to tone up.
  • SexyDexie
    SexyDexie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I joined up yesterday
  • Tashsnowflake
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice and well wishes :)

I don't want anyone to think that I'm rigidly stuck to any one plan, I'm just trying to figure out what works for me! I'm more than open to people's advice and ideas - keep them coming!

On that note, I'd love ideas for a nice lunch! Gonna pop out in a minute to get a few bits, any suggestions?

Tash x