What to do when you are sore

Options
I have been working out really hard for a week. I am really sore. I have been trying to ignore it and work through the soreness or work other body parts. The only result is that now, instead of a couple parts achings, they all are sore.

Do you work through the soreness or rest? If rest, what counts as rest?

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Sometimes some mild stretching or going for a stroll will get things moving and ease tension, but let's be honest here. When I am sore, I just sit around and do nothing.

Being sore is one of the quickest ways to take away all of my motivation. I try to ease up on my workouts until I find an intensity that doesn't make me sore.
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Kinda depends on what's sore but I have found that getting blood flow to those sore muscles help so I run slow. I also love the foam roller
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Kinda depends on what's sore but I have found that getting blood flow to those sore muscles help so I run slow. I also love the foam roller

This^^ and eat more! Also salt water baths help.
  • 77Glen
    77Glen Posts: 4
    Options
    After going heavy and hard, I will switch it up and go light with high reps. If I shred my legs running or on the stair climber, I will switch to using large exercise ropes to get the cardio and core while letting the legs rest. Depending on the season, I will trade the gym for a bike ride, game of tennis or skiing.
    Depending on the level of soreness, you may just have to take 2 or 3 days to recover. There are post game days in an athlete's career where you cant even move. Listening to your body is key.