That was tough!

Options
My niece and I went walking tonite, I am so out of shape that less than a quarter mile into it, I wanted to call and have my husband come pick me up, LOL, but we did the full mile. :-) I want to work up to the c25k, I want to run the komen race in October. What we did was alternate between walking a slow pace, and a fast pace using the c25k app.

It was tough, but slow and steady wins the race, right?

Replies

• brendas3boys
    Options
    You can do it, we just gota stay motivated and focused :happy:
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    glad that you didn't quit!!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It's really awesome that you have your niece there to motivate you like that, and to be your partner as you get healthier and healthier. Keep going!
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    And I'm bound and determined that my niece, Brendas3boys is going to run:huh: that race with me!!!
  • brendas3boys
    Options
    Im sure gona try, i almost gave up today. Thank you for bein here to help me stay motivated and i hope i can do the same :heart:
  • joeysrib
    Options
    We'll, I don't know how motivating I can be, but I'm good for comic relief.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Well done. Just keep at it and you can do it!

:drinker:
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on being able to walk faster than 2 miles an hour. But this helps me feel better "No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch" I think it came from facebook I dunno who said it originally.
  • scrapmonkey
    scrapmonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You ladies are all doing great! Better than I am right now, but I hope to join in on the walking soon. But you're right slow and steady does it. A couple years ago (November 2010) I started to get up and walk and train with my Mom for a half marathon (walking, no running for this gal thanks to fractures in my shins). While I didn't meet my initial goal of the half marathon in May 2011 (I suffered a 2nd degree burn a month before the race), I did finish one in a little over 4 hours in September 2011. And I did that at 290 pounds. So the c25K is possible - go ladies!
  • joeysrib
    Options
    I read on facebook this morning........I run, I'm slower than a herd of stampeding turtles through peanut butter, but I run! I hope to be able to say that about myself in a couple of weeks!