Is anyone using the sports tracker app? How is it?

Options
I downloaded the sports tracker app last night & plan on using it today. If anyone is using it can you please give me some feedback on whether or not you recommend it, or if there's a better app out there that I should use?

Replies

• jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I've used a few different ones and SportsTracker is my favorite! I find it easy to use and has all the information that I am looking for.
  • dcl3872
    dcl3872 Posts: 20
    Options
    I love Sports Tracker the best, I also have/use the Nike App, but I prefer Sports Tracker you can also add a HRM to it. My favorite
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I used Sports Tracker for a while to evaluate it for a friend. It did just fine and I did like it, but I stayed with Runkeeper because I had a two year history there. I also tried Endomondo for a while and like it as well. I'd have a hard time picking between the three. They all offer similar features so the decision may come down to which interface you like best or if you have friends using one that you can support through the website. I'd try all three and see which you like. I ran them concurrently for a while to see how they matched up.

Currently I have discontinued the use of all of them as I am now using a GPS/HRM watch that uploads all the data to the Training Peaks website giving me all the information the apps do and more. The GPS/HRM watch seems to do a better job keeping a signal when in tree cover, a significant advantage for me since I like to trail run and mountain bike.
  • sitastar2004
    sitastar2004 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input. Sounds like this app is pretty good. Do you need to use a blue tooth for the HRM?
  • dcl3872
    dcl3872 Posts: 20
    Options
    Yes you do
  • Dr_Stav
    Dr_Stav Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I swear by SportTrackerLive with a Zephyr HxM monitor for both road racing an turbo training. I also use it periodically for general health monitoring. Instead of guessing my exercise calories, I use STL and then add the values to MFP.

But come on MFP!! Make them link up so it'll do it automatically!!