Completed 30 DS

Options

Replies

• justshann0n
    justshann0n Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 1 Day 5 and it is amazing how much my endurance has raised in such a short time span. I was doing like 2 pushups and then breaking, now I can hang on until the end. And my soreness gets easier each day. I can't wait to compare before and after pics at the end! :)

Congrats on your great success! :)
  • bas27
    bas27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    awesome results!!!
  • RosieMaherx
    Options
    Just wanted to say, if you want to do the 30DS then the 3 levels are posted on youtube so you don't have to spend your money on the fitness DVD. You can spend it all on yourself when you're looking fab once you've completed it!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! I am currently in the middle of 30DS (L2, D5). I was starting to get bored and unmotivated towards the end of L1, but am really enjoying L2, even if it is kicking my butt. Glad to hear you got good results, I'd be happy to finish it with half those numbers (scale hasn't gone down at all since D1 :ohwell: )

I am actually having the same problem. Yesterday was my D5, L1 and since I started it... I haven't lost ANY weight (meaning, last week), where before I was losing atleast 1lb/week.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I also just learned all the sets and downloaded an interval timer app and programmed the workout into that, so I can do it to my own music without having the urge to punch Jillian or slap the snot out of Natalie. It makes the workout much easier because I had started to recognize by what she was saying how long I had to go, now I can sort of get in the zone without someone telling me "You're almost there!" when I'm nowhere near "there", lol.

I actually tried this yesterday (though i didn't use an app) I just set my phone to go off after 25min, wrote down the exercises and counted each 30 second interval while I watched Veronica Mars. One can only take so many back-to-back days of listening to Jillian lol What's the name of the app you use?
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 10 tonight! Can't wait to see the back of 'I could use a good chest fly in my life', I have noticed a difference of my arms, legs and stomach but i doubt i've lost any weight, i never lose weight, but i've definitely gained muscle just from looking at myself
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I would like to do it I started it but I cant do jumping jacks because of the ladies being to big and it hurts

Side steps with arm raises is a good replacement. I also had larger ladies (untill November when I had my reduction) and this is what my trainer had me do

That is a wonderful idea I think I will try the 30ds and use that as an alternate to jumping jacks
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    What weight size did everyone use? I am starting this tomorrow and I went out and bought 10 pounds weights (which are generally light for me for anything I do) because from the pics on the DVD case and from a couple posts I saw people were using 8-10 pound weights.
  • melaniedelgrosso
    Options
    What weight size did everyone use? I am starting this tomorrow and I went out and bought 10 pounds weights (which are generally light for me for anything I do) because from the pics on the DVD case and from a couple posts I saw people were using 8-10 pound weights.

I started with 5 lbs. There is no way I could do the arm raises in the 3rd circuit (L1) with 10 lbs. If they normally work for you, try them. The worst that can happen is you have to go down to fives. Also, you can use varying weights depending on which exercises are most comfortable with 10 lbs...
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I finished Level 1 today and I'm moving onto Level 2 tomorrow - suffice it to say that I'm pretty scared, but excited. I'm also measuring myself and taking pictures tomorrow - I'm doing that after each level I finish so I can see which level really made the most difference.
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have 3 lb weights since I normally don't use free weights I decided to start small and figured its better then having weights that are to big
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I would like to do it I started it but I cant do jumping jacks because of the ladies being to big and it hurts

So modify! Jog in place, do a side step hand clap thing, just get moving :smile:
  • SandraleeW
    Options
    Yes, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
    I am starting out with Ripped in 30 (on week 1 day 2), I want to build muscle first, but plan to do 30DS next!
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Yesterday was my second day of 30DS. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes this brings to my fitness . . . your results are great!

I'm just using 3lb weights, and I'm unsure as to whether or not I'll take rest days. I guess I'll just listen to my body.
  • groovyreba
    groovyreba Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Also, new to this....what is 30DS?? the 30 day shred?

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. You can find it on you tube. She combine cardio and strength training. I'm only a little over a week into it, but I feel a lot better. Check it out.
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!! Congratulations. You're the first person I've seen who actually did it for 30 consecutive days, and finished!! I did it for 24 days, and never made it back for 25. You're an inspiration!
  • fcevallos
    fcevallos Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they use 3lb weights in the video, so that's what I bought. There's no way i could do it with 10lb weights, even though I find 10 lbs easy for other exercises when i'm at the gym. I might buy some 5lb weights for the chest and back exercises and continue using the 3's for everything else. It's amazing how such little weight BURNS! :)
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    Options
    WTG!! That is wonderful!

I completed this after doing Ripped in 30, and I had very satisfying results with these. I saw more results with the 30DS, but they were almost the same. I lost around the same weight and inches as you, and took progress pics. I was glad I did! You can really see the difference in my belly!

I didn't do it everyday, although I attempted to. I also did Kickboxing FastFix, belly dancing, and walking on quite a few of those days, plus ate as clean as I could 80% of the time. I ate a bunch of protein to help with repair and kept my sodium low and did have "cheat" days.

For those of you that think you have to do this everyday, you DO NOT have to! It's better to have rest days because that is where you will see the most results! You have to give your body time to heal, since muscle fibers rip and tear while exercising. The more you tear them without rest, the more prone to injury you are. REST!!! GL to everyone who is doing this program!

Again, wonderful success to the OP!! :)
  • Mita19
    Mita19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! I am currently in the middle of 30DS (L2, D5). I was starting to get bored and unmotivated towards the end of L1, but am really enjoying L2, even if it is kicking my butt. Glad to hear you got good results, I'd be happy to finish it with half those numbers (scale hasn't gone down at all since D1 :ohwell: )

I am actually having the same problem. Yesterday was my D5, L1 and since I started it... I haven't lost ANY weight (meaning, last week), where before I was losing atleast 1lb/week.

Me too..yesterday was D8, L1 for me and had not lost anything since I started. This morning I went down 1lb:smile: I guess you just have to stick with it!!!
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I did Level 3 Day 7 today, so I am almost there! I have had to follow Anita most of the time though.

Its awesome, I feel much fitter and I can see a difference in my body. I feel like the weight loss has been slow and stop/start while I have been doing it, but actually I have lost 12lb so far, so I might even make it to a stone by the time I weigh again next Saturday.

I started with measly 0.5kg weights (just over a pound!), I have moved up to 1kg (2.4lb) and that is more than enough for me at the moment.

I have been doing it 6 days a week. I should be finihsed by Wednesday, but I might continue till Saturday, my weigh in day. I have a Jillian's DVD collection so I might try another one of those once I have finished.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!