swim tops for larger chests??

Options
ritasice21
ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
I need to find bathing suit top that coveres the stomach (not a bikini top, tankini is good) that will actually offer some support while covering the girls and not flatten them to smithereens. Bra size 38H. Also, I need to be in an affordable range, cannot spend a hundred on it. Any ideas?

Replies

• MeganG12345
    MeganG12345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    FIgleaves.com sells bathing suits by bra size. A lot of them come with underwire. They have a great return policy too. Just remember they're UK sizes so you need to order a cup size up from your American size.

I'm a 34DDD. Figleaves is the only place I buy bathing suits.
  • bmstee03
    bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What you are asking for does not exist. Every bathing suit ever is designed to squish boobs or provide no support at all. At least that has been my problem. I guess I am just here to commiserate.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I hear trash bags are pretty cheap . lol jk. Though I would try Target they seem to have alot of options at a reasonable price. What do you use now? Where did you get it from? maybe go back.
  • SCrompton
    SCrompton Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I got mine from "Change" ...there is a picture of me in it on my profile. I'm a 34 J which they didn't have so I'm pretty sure the one I'm wearing in my pic is a 36 HH. It cost me around $65 I think. Has total support and tummy coverage. The girls look great in it ;)
  • SCrompton
    Options
    What you are asking for does not exist. Every bathing suit ever is designed to squish boobs or provide no support at all. At least that has been my problem. I guess I am just here to commiserate.

Not true at all. Keep looking, they exist lol
  • SCrompton
    Options
    <<<<<
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Just get an under wired tankini. If I'm on holiday I wear a bikini top under my tankini if they don't have underwire. eBay has many
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    http://www.lanebryant.com/swim/swim-sizes-f-g-h/20736c19704/index.cat

Has an actual bra with real closures. Makes the girls look nice. : )
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    the black one is quite nice!

• mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I got mine from "Change" ...there is a picture of me in it on my profile. I'm a 34 J which they didn't have so I'm pretty sure the one I'm wearing in my pic is a 36 HH. It cost me around $65 I think. Has total support and tummy coverage. The girls look great in it ;)

I love it!! It looks very flattering on you! :smile:
  • ritasice21
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!

Lane Bryant only has 2, neither are the one. The black one will make look huge due to bad proportions (sz 10 bottoms), and blue one..meh!

Love the profile pic of change.com, none like that on the site anymore, just bikinis :-(

Figleaf looks like it may do it though. Thanks so much!!!

And to the one guy who asked what I do now, 75 pounds ago it was actually easier to shop for a suit!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Venus Swimwear has some really cute one piece suits....I am fairly large chested and found some really cute ones on there
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Bravissimo has some gorgeous swimwear, tankinis & Bikinis that are from D-L cup. It is a UK based site but delivers all over the world. There is a HUGE selection of really cute & sexy stuff. The bras on the site are great too.

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/swimwear/#/1?level=2&show=16&sort=4&exclusive=false&new=false&sale=false

I have taken the liberty in changing the currency to USD (at the top of the page)
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    not even one picture. Disappointing.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I always order from Lands End great quality and very supportive for the girls :)

The nice thing is that if you order and don't like, you can return to Sears.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options

I have a couple of suits from Lane Bryant and they are awesome. Stylish, but the bra does wonders.
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've tried dozens of bathing suits with bras/wires built in and they never offer enough support for me. I'm a 34G.

Right now, I wear a black & silver underwire sports bra and coordinated swim bottoms (purchased separately). I also have a coordinated (but also purchased spearately) tank top that I sometimes wear over the bra. I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten on my cute suit. Where did I get it, etc, etc. It's amazing how much better I look in a swim suit when the girls are properly supported high on the chest.

If you pick a sports bra with a nylon-looking fabric, most people can't tell the difference.
  • ritasice21
    Options
    Out of all the places suggested only one has one in my size, and it is ugly :-(