HRM? What do you use?

Options
13»

Replies

• ronaldheft
    ronaldheft Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Polar H7 here. I have it linked to my iPhone through the Digifit app. It syncs my workouts to Fitibit, which then syncs to MyFitnessPal.
  • dsr315
    dsr315 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is a link to a HRM I just bought for my daughter who has an issue with her heart. She uses it in Zumba and we have checked it against medical heart rate monitors and it is extremely accurate. Also tells calories burned. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00662S4U4/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Polar H7 here. I have it linked to my iPhone through the Digifit app. It syncs my workouts to Fitibit, which then syncs to MyFitnessPal.

That is so funny. The things we have to do to make it easy.

Sounds like what I want to do, though. I just don't know what is compatible with iPod 4th gen. I think Polar WearLink for Nike will sync, but I don't think that gets back to anything else. After I workout, it's taking me too long to see what I can eat jumping through all the hoops with my Garmin 305 (look up HR to calories, convert to net, go to MFP, enter)! LOL
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Another Timex user here. I use the Ironman Road Trainer full-size. Never had any trouble with reliability or picking up the heart rate. I'm pretty sure it is showing gross calories so I use a web-based calculator to convert the calories to net since I record net on MFP. This watch is $75 on Amazon.

When I grow up and make lots of money, my next one will be the Garmin 610...

Hehe. I'm with you on the Garmin 610. Sharp watch! (Just settled for a used 405 of last week for $80. I convert the avg HR to cals, then to net online. By then, I'M REALLY HUNGRY. LOL
  • Jenikki322
    Options
    I have the New Balance N4 and I love it. I got it at Target and caught a sale for $50! :)
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    omg, i just got my polar tf7 in the mail yesterday. I LOVEEE IT. :smile:
  • vanessawaw
    vanessawaw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i used polar ft60, working lovely for me, you can buy the footpod too tu counts ur footstep and measure speeds and KM :flowerforyou:
  • kiwi2006
    kiwi2006 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm using the polar FT7 & I love it! Made my trip to the gym far more exciting :) Can't wait to use it for kettlebells etc

*It arrived this morning so I may still be in the honeymoon phase*
  • kiwi2006
    kiwi2006 Posts: 15
    Options
    Oops didn't mean to hit reply.. again! Don't know how to delete this sorry ::embarassed:
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance HRM strapless and a New Balance N4 with chest strap