Weekend Bingers!

Options

Replies

• kiesha22001
    kiesha22001 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It's the same for me. I go from 1300/1400 a day to 2400! I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm not busy like I am on weekdays and eat from boredom. I've been trying to fill my weekends with activities that keep me busy, but unfortunately that also means eating out and not at home. I'm working on it. My rule is that I'm allowed a "cheat day" once a week, but I'm never allowed to go over my "maintain" calories - If I do, I work my butt off until I'm at/under.
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I eat relatively clean during the week but I don't always eat good during weekends & I def drink my calories on a Friday or Saturday night with alcohol but I try to work out extra hard the day after or the day before I am going to do those things & try to account for those calories during the week b/c I won't give up drinking & I don't believe in cutting food out; moderation is key.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    No. Just. NO! You're right. You're basically reversing everything you've done well during the week. Just. STOP!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Yep, weekends have slowed me down. When I started losing weight, I cut alcohol out during the week and kept it to one night a weekend. But lately that rule has gone out the window. Seems like I have been drinking Friday and Saturday nights (an sometimes on Sunday) for the last few months...and during the week the last three weeks. I try and combat weekends by continuing to workout, but that can only help so much. Good thing I have the exercise part of this under control.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    OOOOHHHHH YESSS.... This is my currently problem. I'm busting at dinner, and I cheat on the weekends. I'm starting to notice and I used to be really diligent. It's the hardest time because for most, weekend = fun.

It's tough.
  • bc119
    bc119 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oh yup, I totally have similar habits!

I try to stay under 1800-2000 cals/day during the week and I often consume 3000-4000 calories/day on the weekends. I have a hard time restricting or saying no to myself. For some reason once Friday hits it's like my mind thinks the weekend is this huge free-for-all. "Oh it's time for chips, alcohol and fast food!"

It sounds like you have more of a planned cheat meal or cheat day... which is more reasonable than what I'm doing!

For me it's the lack-of-routine, lack-of-planning and social commitments, augh.
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!!! :-(
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am unfortunatly in that category. Especially friday nights when kids are in bed and I can just relax from a stressful week. I tend to use food to treat myself for all the work I do...Funny right, I sabbatage myself!?!??!??
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I have the exact opposite problem. I sleep very late on Saturdays and Sundays, but I don't stay up any later either. I end up not getting in nearly enough calories as a result because I've only had two meals for the day. It's something I'm trying to work on.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I usually eat more on the weekends and less during the week. I had a lot of trouble with eating way too much on the weekends but I've been able to reel it in over time. Last weekend I went to a brunch bridal shower and out for fried seafood (and lobster bisque...yum) for a birthday, complete with cake at both events, and still maintained.
  • GoalSoClose
    Options
    If your on a cut you should definitely discipline yourself some more. Not cutting if you are eating back that calorie deficit you made throughout the week. I binge too but to me that's only eating like 500-1000 calories of stuff I usually don't eat in the week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    OP...I would think even in a cut you should be doing more than 1700 calories. You have to have had to work very hard to build that body and maintain it...I would think your TDEE would be at least 2700 calories per day...why not just take a smaller cut like 1/2 Lb per week or 1 Lb per week at the most. It might help control the binges on the weekend.
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I do tend to have more treats and alcohol at the weekends which makes the big difference. My main meals don't really change at all except that if we go out for lunch, I tend to have my main meal then and just a snack for my dinner.
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Mine is Wednesday night dinner Club. With a huge potluck at our house for the last 20 years, it IS SO HARD to not have wheat, sugar or MORE (2nds).

On my good days I feel great Thursday morning (like today). On my "grazing" Wednesday dinners I feel "hung over" when I wake up Thursday. :-(

On Saturday a neighbor brought over a huge tube of spaghetti from a crab feed he hosted. We must have six large plastic containers of pasta in the fridge. We should have thrown them all out.

I have been having two cups of that everyday for lunch or dinner. I gained two pounds back even though I am staying in my zone of 1800 calories a day and 400-600 calories of exercise.

Its the dam "wheat and carbs" I have been avoiding for the last six months. Oh well, back on it today.
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am in a bad habit of starving myself and exercising away my drinking calories, as i sometimes find myself drinking way over 1000 calories worth a night at the weekend. I should just drink less, but hey ho
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother tracking my calories most weekend days, especially if I'm drinking, no way am I going to try to remember how many drinks I had and count them all!
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    theoneandonlybrookie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Me too, particularly because I do my longest and hardest workouts on the weekends and thus end up hungrier than normal. I can resist overeating during the week while I'm at work but it's so tough on the weekends when I'm at home and around food all day.

I try to combat this by staying outside with my kids as much as possible. It's a win for everyone involved - they stay active and I step away from the food.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Right here! It's a tough nut to crack. I've been aware of it for a long while and have yet to find my way to control it. Yoda tells me there is no try.
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Weekends can be tough. Sometimes good. Sometimes off the plan. I try not to get too upset about it and let it go. What's done is done and tomorrow is another day.
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME!!!

When I was doing WW I would save all my bonus points and use them on the weekend. I still lost but I think it slowed me down. Trying not to go crazy on the weekends this time around.