Subway Calories

Anyone else noticed the huge discrepancy between the calories listed on the Subway website and MFP. According to Subway a 6" wheat with egg white, provolone, green peppers, spinach and red onion is 219 calories. MFP calculates it to with 290 or 330. I don't know which one to trust.

Has anyone ran onto something like this??

Replies

• TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    I suggest you double check your Subway values. The bread alone is 200 calories, so with cheese it would be quite a bit higher.

Generally speaking, MFP is populated by users so the values can be incorrect for any number of reasons. There are multiple countries involved, they may have omitted something from the description, or it could just be entered wrong. Most entries are correct, however, but trust your instincts.
  • Hi5jamaica
    Hi5jamaica Posts: 11 Member
    Are you possibly looking at the Serving Size by grams instead of the Calories?

I entered in your sandwich info into Subways meal builder and it showed 330 calories.

~Sam
  • Schmoozy07
    Schmoozy07 Posts: 28 Member
    I appreciate your reply :)

Most of the food I have looked up/logged has been pretty exact from the package/recipe and MFP that this really had me stumped.
  • Hi5jamaica
    Hi5jamaica Posts: 11 Member
    Are you possibly looking at the Serving Size by grams instead of the Calories?

I entered in your sandwich info into Subways meal builder and it showed 330 calories.

~Sam

:smile:
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Sometimes users input the wrong numbers. I always go for the ones with most confirmations!
  • Schmoozy07
    Ahh I see the error of my ways! Not sure how I missed that, wishful thinking maybe? Thank you all for your input!
  • SabrinaLily
    SabrinaLily Posts: 121
    What I can tell you is BEWARE of their flat bread! It is CRAZY bad for you by comparison to say their wheat bread. I was eating it forever under the assumption is was a healthy choice. Oh no oh no oh no it's not.
  • Schmoozy07
    What I can tell you is BEWARE of their flat bread! It is CRAZY bad for you by comparison to say their wheat bread. I was eating it forever under the assumption is was a healthy choice. Oh no oh no oh no it's not.

And I LOVE their flatbread! What a bummer!