Protein & Sugar

Options
I just started using this site about a week ago. It's really helped me to see the break down of the nutrition I am consuming. I tend to have a couple peices of fruint every day and a good amount of meat with my dinner. I realized I keep going over by between 15 and 30 grams of my aloted sugar and protein per day. Is sugar in Fruit really something I need to worry about? Also, I have a lot of protien to try and cube my carb cravings.

I guess what I am wondering is how much of a problem it is that my sugar and protein keep going high. Even though i usualy have an excess of 100-300 caliories remaing each day. Will this effect my weight loss?

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't worry about going over things like sugar and protein. 99% of the time my sugar is from fruits. I am always over sugar by the end of my breakfast... I don't even track my sugar anymore. Unless you have a medical reason in regards to sugar amounts I wouldn't worry about it provided you aren't filling up on refinded and added sugars.

For protein, the default amounts here are pretty low. Most people do go over and it's a good thing. Protein keeps you full for longer and helps your muscles.
  • Juniper617
    Options
    what would you reccomend tracking instead?
  • Sugalicious79
    Options
    I have only been tracking for 4 days and while I haven't consumed any refined sugar (soda, sweets, etc.) I too go over my sugar intake each day. Have you seen the amount of sugar in bananas and blueberries!?! I was feeling discouraged seeing "red numbers" each night but after some research fruit sugars are ok, especially if you are still coming in below on your daily calories. I would have to agree with the other poster re: protein consumption. I say the more the merrier. Your body needs protein to fuel your energy.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    The food diary is misleading- you don't need to count naturally-occuring sugars unless you are following a specific diet.
  • Juniper617
    Options
    Thank you Libearzmom and sugalicios! This is really helpful!