Side Stitches During Turbo Fire

Options
NykkieC
NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
Good afternoon everyone!

Alright I just started Turbo Fire last night and got a massive side stitch after the HIIT training portion that includes a lot of jumping...it was so intense that I had to stop completely.

I searched for previous posts before posting this but all I could see was for runners and I'm not sure that I can regulate my breathing much during these 1 minute HIIT portions!

Although this was my first day I've had troubles with side stitches during any kind of exercise that requires me to go full bore.

Does anyone have any advice on how to relieve these?

Thanks in advance!
Nykkie

Replies

• S_H84
    S_H84 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hey,

I do TurboFire as well and one of the first times I did a HIIT I had really bad side pain as well. However, I think it was because I only ate an hour before I did it. I noticed I have to wait at least 2 hrs before I do a HIIT if I ate.
    Did you eat anything within that same window?
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    did you do a warm up?

here's some good info:

http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/archives/side-stitch.php
  • NykkieC
    Options
    Hey,

I do TurboFire as well and one of the first times I did a HIIT I had really bad side pain as well. However, I think it was because I only ate an hour before I did it. I noticed I have to wait at least 2 hrs before I do a HIIT if I ate.
    Did you eat anything within that same window?

Yes, actually, I did! It was a heavy dinner too, so hopefully that will take care of it. I will make sure to workout before I eat dinner tonight :)

Elmct - yeah there was a good warm up to it, the HIIT training didn't start until I was a good 30 min into it I think. That was a great article! I think I'm going to do a few extra stretches before even starting this time.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Definitely be careful eating too much before TurboFire, there should be a warning!!

Some people get side stitches while running, you can try raising your arms up and see if that relieves any pressure.

Have fun, they are awesome workouts!! :bigsmile:
  • NykkieC
    Options
    Definitely be careful eating too much before TurboFire, there should be a warning!!

Some people get side stitches while running, you can try raising your arms up and see if that relieves any pressure.

Have fun, they are awesome workouts!! :bigsmile:

I'm sure that was probably it then, thank you!!