Multivitamins?!?!

Options
I am in need of a new multivitamin. Any suggestions would be great.

Male
6'5"
24 years old

Replies

• Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You may want to take a look at replacing a multivitamin with Moringa Oleifera - 1 pill instead of many :wink: . The plant is being used to provide nutrients to starving / malnourished countries. A 2 month supply cost like $12.

This is some of the research I did on it:

The Moringa Oleifera tree, also known as the drumstick or “Miracle Tree” is considered the most nutritious plant on earth. The tree contains over 92 essential nutrients, including:

• Protein
    • Vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C, E)
    • Calcium, Potassium, Iron, Magnesium, Copper, Phosphorus, Zinc
    • All 9 of the Essential Amino Acids (overall 18 of the 22 amino acids)
    • Omega-9 Essential Fatty Acids that support healthy blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivities. Great for people with Type 2 Diabetes or have been diagnosed as pre-diabetic
    • Antioxidants
    • Anti-inflammatory agents
    • Chlorophyll (4x more than wheatgrass) (overall immune system)
    • Vegan, Kosher, Dairy Free, Soy Free and Non Allergenic

This tree is considered to have the highest Protein ratio of any plant so far studied on earth. Moringa has protein quality and quantity similar to soy beans, whole milk, and eggs, but there are no reports of Moringa triggered allergies so it can be used for baby nutrition replacing soy.

On a gram per gram comparison the Moringa tree offers 14 times more nutrition than oranges, milk, bananas, spinach, and carrots combined!

Unlike other multivitamins or nutritional supplements, Moringa is a true natural whole food source that is easily digested and absorbed into the human body. Which means your body actually uses all of it and uses it quickly.

 Calcium: Bone health (osteoporosis), arthritis, dental care, insomnia, menopause, premenstrual syndrome, cramps, weight loss, colon cancer, acidity, heart diseases, high blood pressure
     Copper: Brain function, arthritis, skin care, throat infections, hemoglobin deficiency, heart diseases, immunity
     Iron: Hemoglobin formation, body metabolism, muscle activity, anemia, brain function, immunity, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, regulation of body temperature
     Magnesium: High blood pressure, heart attack, alcoholism, bone health, cramps, diabetes, menopause, pregnancy, asthma
     Phosphorus: Weakness, bone health, brain function, sexual weakness, dental care, body metabolism
     Potassium: Low blood sugar, regulate blood pressure, heart diseases, water flow in the body, muscle disorders, cramps, brain function, diabetes, kidney disorders, arthritis
     Zinc: Skin care, eczema, acne, healing of wounds, prostate disorders, cold, weight loss, pregnancy, reproduction, hair care, appetite loss, eye care, night blindness

• Vitamin A or Retinol: Eye disorders, acne, skin disorders, infections, healing of wounds
    • Vitamin B1 or Thiamine: Beriberi, heart diseases, indigestion, body metabolism, blood circulation, brain development
    • Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin: Cataract, skin disorders, body metabolism, immunity, nervous system, anemia
    • Vitamin B3 or Niacin: Weakness, digestion, nervous system, skin disorders, migraine, heart disorders, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, diarrhea
    • Vitamin B5 or Pantothenic Acid: Stress, arthritis, infections, skin disorders, graying of hair, high cholesterol
    • Vitamin B6 or Pyridoxamine: Diabetes, piles, convulsions, excessive menstrual bleeding, stress, insomnia, morning sickness, travel sickness
    • Vitamin C or Ascorbic Acid: Eye disorders, cancer, scurvy, common cold, infections, diabetes, stress, high blood cholesterol, heart diseases, cancer, high blood pressure, kidney disorders, internal bleeding, piles, corneal ulcers, inflammations, lead poisoning, immunity
    • Vitamin E or Tocopherol: Anti-aging, skin care, heart diseases, blood circulation, sterility, brain function, menopause, painful menstrual cycles, eye disorders
    • Calcium: Bone health (osteoporosis), arthritis, dental care, insomnia, menopause, premenstrual syndrome, cramps, weight loss, colon cancer, acidity, heart diseases, high blood pressure
    • Copper: Brain function, arthritis, skin care, throat infections, hemoglobin deficiency, heart diseases, immunity
    • Iron: Haemoglobin formation, body metabolism, muscle activity, anemia, brain function, immunity, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, regulation of body temperature
    • Magnesium: High blood pressure, heart attack, alcoholism, bone health, cramps, diabetes, menopause, pregnancy, asthma
    • Phosphorus: Weakness, bone health, brain function, sexual weakness, dental care, body metabolism
    • Potassium: Low blood sugar, regulate blood pressure, heart diseases, water flow in the body, muscle disorders, cramps, brain function, diabetes, kidney disorders, arthritis
    • Zinc: Skin care, eczema, acne, healing of wounds, postrate disorders, cold, weight loss, pregnancy, reproduction, hair care, appetie loss, eye care, night blindness

You can also read about it here:

Additional resources:
    Trees for Life
    http://www.treesforlife.org/

LIVESTRONG
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/301127-moringa-leaves-weight-loss/

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
    http://www.unesco.org/new/en/custom-search/?cx=000136296116563084670:h14j45a1zaw&cof=FORID:9&ie=UTF-8&q=moringa&hl=en&sa=ok&siteurl=www.unesco.org/new/en/&ref=&ss=1664j676564j7

United States Department of Agriculture
    http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/2959?fg=&man=&lfacet=&format=&count=&max=25&offset=&sort=&qlookup=moringa
  • Kinnder
    Kinnder Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    These: http://www.feelalive.com/all-adults/alive-max-potency-tablets

The best multi-v's I've ever used!
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I am in need of a new multivitamin. Any suggestions would be great.

Male
    6'5"
    24 years old
    stopped reading what everyone said.

I take orange triad which is a mix of multivitamins, glucosamine, chondroitin, and msm. it helps me with my discs, joints, etc.

its made by controlled labs which is a reputable company.

NOW ADAM is also pretty good, I just like the join/disc supplementation
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    bumping to later read what Arkhos said.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    I am coming from a “raw fruits and vegetables is the answer” perspective so when talking about vitamins and supplements I simply ask where is the research. Where is the independent 3rd party clinical research studies published in peer reviewed journals on the product as a whole? Don't tell me about the reputable company, don't give me your testimonial, tell me about the research that PROVES it does what it claims.

Over 4000+ clinical studies show that eating the daily recommended amount of raw fruits and vegetables will lower the risk of chronic illness (cancer, heart disease, diabetes etc...) and deliver the vitamins and minerals your body needs daily. Medical science reminds us every day that good nutrition and good health go hand in hand. The problem is that most of us don’t eat nearly enough RAW fruits and vegetables, especially not a wide variety every day. Most people fail to get the recommended 7 to 13 servings every day.

In my own research I asked these questions: Does it deliver key antioxidants and other phytonutrients that are absorbed by the body? Does it reduce oxidative stress? Does it support a healthy immune system? Does it help protect DNA? Does it positively impacts several key indicators of cardiovascular wellness? If you find a product that has research that backs the above questions I would buy it.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I am coming from a “raw fruits and vegetables is the answer” perspective so when talking about vitamins and supplements I simply ask where is the research. Where is the independent 3rd party clinical research studies published in peer reviewed journals on the product as a whole? Don't tell me about the reputable company, don't give me your testimonial, tell me about the research that PROVES it does what it claims.

Over 4000+ clinical studies show that eating the daily recommended amount of raw fruits and vegetables will lower the risk of chronic illness (cancer, heart disease, diabetes etc...) and deliver the vitamins and minerals your body needs daily. Medical science reminds us every day that good nutrition and good health go hand in hand. The problem is that most of us don’t eat nearly enough RAW fruits and vegetables, especially not a wide variety every day. Most people fail to get the recommended 7 to 13 servings every day.

In my own research I asked these questions: Does it deliver key antioxidants and other phytonutrients that are absorbed by the body? Does it reduce oxidative stress? Does it support a healthy immune system? Does it help protect DNA? Does it positively impacts several key indicators of cardiovascular wellness? If you find a product that has research that backs the above questions I would buy it.

this is very true, you will not obtain any of the anti-cancer nutrients if you do not take in fresh fruits and veggies.

you could always supplement it but research has shown that it is better to get it from the actual fruits/veggies.

I know that ketchup is super concentrated with lycopene.

brb drinking ketchup
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options

this is very true, you will not obtain any of the anti-cancer nutrients if you do not take in fresh fruits and veggies.

you could always supplement it but research has shown that it is better to get it from the actual fruits/veggies.

I know that ketchup is super concentrated with lycopene.

brb drinking ketchup

Make sure you get the ketchup with no added salt, or you're gonna have like 20,000 sodium for the day drinking it up! :laugh: