Exercise Boredom

Options
Hi all,

I started this website about 5 weeks ago and I have majorly fallen off of my plan. I just haven't been getting up in the morning to work out or haven't been doing it after work. What are your tips for motivating youself to keep going? I am thinking about doing some renovating of my home workout space (pilates mats, stationary bike, and exercise ball), maybe moving to a new location in my house or getting some new items (maybe a jump rope? Am on a tight budget).

Advice and motivating thoughts appreciated!

Replies

• Zehornet
    Zehornet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to get someone to do this along with you. Its always more difficult to skip sessions when you are accountable for your actions!

I presume that you aren't member at a gym if you are talking about exercising at home. I am on a full-time yearly one, and I found that works for me. Nevermind that I don't have space to swing a cat where I live!

As for motivation to work out - I usually think about buying fancy new training gear when starting out :)
  • 2angelsl8r
    Options
    Hi thirdseason11,

I am on a tight budget too so I have to exercise at home as well. I like to Dance so to motivate myself to exercise, I Zumba. Also, I challenge myself. Like a friend of mine decided to do a squat challenge and I joined in. Hope that helps. Just find what interests you and incorporate it into exercise. : )

2angelsl8r
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Do you like rollerblades? Those are fun and not very expensive.

Look up local parks that have hiking trails, try swimming at a local pool (also should be fairly inexpensive), or just put on your favorite music at home and dance around like an idiot until you're exhausted.
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Like Zhornet said it does help to have someone who will eat better/exercise with you. It helps to have someone to hold each other accountable. If you're bored with working out try switching it up. Go hiking, take a long walk somewhere you haven't been, go to the public library and rent a workout DVD. I get bored of the gym and the elliptical. So I use hiking and Zumba to get me through. Heck even gardening burns a lot of calories. Just find something fun and include it. Good luck!
  • thirdseason111
    Options
    Great Ideas from everyone! I do have hiking trails near my house but I have been afraid to do them alone either early in the morning or after work. I don't know the area very well and I'm afraid of getting eaten by a bear haha. Maybe I'll do them with someone until I am more comfortable.