PX90 Results

Options
trice
trice Posts: 43 Member
Does anyone have any specific stories or feedback they have gotten from the PX90 workout? I'm curious about results people have had and wondered if anyone here could share their stories or the stories of people they know.
Trice

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Search it in the message boards. There are plenty.
  • jaydedfaery
    Options
    One of my coworkers does the P90X and has had amazing results. He went from a size 42 pant to a size 36. He said it is a really tough program, kinda like boot camp, but it works. You will be sore for a day or two after each tape. He does not do it that often anymore because he has found that he loves to run. Hope this helps.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    ditto to what arielle said.
    It's a great work out. If you do it.
    Just like all at home videos. You need to be motivated to do them.
    I found them to be too much of a time commitment. But that's just me.
  • toddgaines
    toddgaines Posts: 130
    Options
    I had been doing a modified P90X routine for the last month and a half with diet. I don't have anywhere I can put a pull up bar, so I had to make adjustments. The exercises work, they are VERY intense, and you need to dedicate about an hour a night. Tony Horton kicks your butt for an hour every day, and it is impossible to not get it better shape because of it. Tony is great though, very encouraging, always letting you know its okay to take breaks, and he offers several variations of each exercise to accomadate different equipment and different fitness levels. It's pretty much impossible to make it through the routines when first starting out, but it definitely gives you something to work toward. I have so far lost 32 lbs and 5 inches. I just switched to Shaun T's insanity to change it up a bit and do a bit more cardio, but I am planning on going back to P90X when I get closer to my goal weight because it really helps tone.
  • trice
    Options
    Thanks for the examples. As a sidebar, I did search the message boards before posting and it was jammed with way too many people generally discussing the workout. I was really looking for specific examples. Thanks to those that dropped those off. Keep up the good work and stay positive.
    t
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the examples. As a sidebar, I did search the message boards before posting and it was jammed with way too many people generally discussing the workout. I was really looking for specific examples. Thanks to those that dropped those off. Keep up the good work and stay positive.
    t

A great place to look would be the Tony Horton and P90X FaceBook pages. I go there every night.
  • trice
    Options
    Good idea.
  • p90xokc
    p90xokc Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm in my last 2 weeks of p90x classic. I saw little results in the form of body transformation because I was eating too many calories every day (the nutrition guide had me eating 3,000 per day!) After I joined this sight and got advice on cutting calories etc, Ive been losing weight the last 4 weeks and getting stronger and alot better with the workouts. The results are starting to show up now. If you can't afford to get all the stuff that goes with p90x (bands, pull up bar etc...) I recomment Insanity. I'm going to take a 2 week break after p90x and then start that. Don't need any weights, bands or anything. And every review says that workout will kick the daylights out of you...Plus the workouts are shorter in total time length.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I started P90X in 12/08. When I started I was 288 lbs, 34% bodyfat and a size 48 jean. After two rounds and part of a third (where I suffered a significant bicep injury), I was 222 lbs, 8% bodyfat and a size 31 jean.

This setback (injury) kept me from doing the program for quite some time. After I'd try to restart I'd just injure the bicep again. Let's just say that not being able to work out was pretty depressing and I fell back into some old habits.

I was finally able to get some momentum (injury free, knock wood) and I'm halfway through my 11th week of round 3. Haven't weighed myself in 2 or 3 weeks but I'd guestimate that I'm down close to 30 lbs & 10% bodyfat this round.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hey i just started p90x but the results you see on my profile are from this great site and 20 min a day at the gym m -f any question please ask this site
  • trice
    Options
    good feedback. thanks. be careful. lol