Do You Drink Enough Water?

Options
DanOhh
DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
I'm curious, I noticed when looking at some people's Diaries that they're not logging in any or only a little water. Now I know that the water is towards the bottom on the Food page so some may not even know it's there. Water is a very important part of weight loss and the 8 cups is a minimum you should be drinking a day if you exercising and you should log in more if you are. It also helps flush the body out which can help in weight loss. It may sound like I'm judging but I'm really just curious why some are not logging their water intake. Good luck to all of you and may your weight loss be healthy!

Replies

• PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I drink tons of water a day but stop logging after 8 glasses, I don't know why but after 8 I guess I just kinda think of it as a bonus. I know yesterday I had over 8 bottles of water more than doubling my water intake.
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm always topping my glass up so I really have no idea how many actual glasses I drink...............so I just don't bother logging it.
  • indybrown
    indybrown Posts: 31
    Options
    I used to be really, really good about logging the water when I first started on this site but now the water has become such a "normal" part of my "drinking" that 90% of the time, it's just laziness in not logging the water.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    No I don't and it something I am working at. I do better when I'm not home with kids because I can leave a pitcher on the counter, fill it up to the right amount and then pour myself that during the day,
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I do, I have a 24oz mug on my desk and I drink 2-4 of them a day, I just dont log it
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I don't log all of mine but drink plenty. It's pretty much the only thing I drink.
  • debwilson
    debwilson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just forget to log it in since it doesn't affect my calorie intake, or projected 5 week loss. Besides drinking at least 8 glasses of water I also drink a ton of coffee and unsweetened Ice tea, both have zero calories, I always wonder if I should add those also to my water intake.
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    yes i drink enough water.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I don't usually drink enough...still working on that. So yes, I do log it to remind myself.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I have my morning coffee, organic fair trade and then I drink water all day long. I usually drink between 1 1/2 and 2 gallons of water per day.

Sometimes I log it and others I don't. I don't log my food everyday either.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I barely ever log my water, but I know I'm finally (finally is the key word here because it was not always so) getting enough. In the past 5 weeks I have made a tremendous effort to increase my water intake and have found that keeping a glass on my bathroom sink has made a big difference. The bathroom water is nice and cold and it reminds me to drink a glass every time I'm in there.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I was in that category until yesterday actually lol :wink: Last nite I went out an bought myself 2 water bottles one for the house and one for the car :heart:

Before I struggled to get in one or 2 cups of water :grumble: even tho I had a 2 litre bottle beside me ... I think a lot of it is in the mind well mine anyhoo :laugh: It's easier to pick up a smaller bottle :laugh:

Last nite alone within 2 hours I had drank 2 full bottles of water not even realizing it watching telly :drinker: It holds 650ml which I reckon is about 2.75 cups :bigsmile:

Today I am already on my 3rd bottle woohoo and it's only 15.00 over here :bigsmile:

Actually I have a quick question does everyone drink the same amount of water the day before the weigh in ? Or do you skip that day :wink:
  • iamkirstie
    iamkirstie Posts: 12
    Options
    Nope I dont, I'm terrible for drinking I never drink enough, I am trying to though... when I had my review at the gym my water was very low
  • monkey191
    monkey191 Posts: 19
    Options
    Personally I hate the taste of water so tend to avoid it where ever possible (even though I know all of the benefits it doesn't make it taste any better).

I have made efforts to drink some water since joining this site although I will never get to 8 glasses a day. All in all I have never drunk much fluid in a day, let alone water so I guess anythings a bonus.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

Actually I have a quick question does everyone drink the same amount of water the day before the weigh in ? Or do you skip that day :wink:
    Same as any other day for me :)
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I dislike water....i'm struggling with getting enough intake of it. However, I drink milk, tea, coffee etc which also contributes to fluid intake...but I don't log anything on the water part of the log other than water itself :)
  • tessaj2u
    tessaj2u Posts: 5
    Options
    Personally I hate the taste of water and it makes me feel like I am going to puke. I avoid it where ever possible.I have made efforts to drink some water since I started my diet although I will never get to 8 glasses a day. All in all I have never drunk much fluid in a day, let alone water so I guess anythings a bonus.
    I do drink unsweet tea, coffee , crystal light and vit. flavored water. Can you count these as drinking water or is it totally different?
  • SarahEllis28
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of water but I easily kill 3-4 glasses when I exercise. I log mine but I'm new so maybe I'm not sick of doing it yet. I've also lowered my goal to 6 so I don't feel so bad when I don't make it. For some reason, 8 is just intimidating. But surprisingly, I usually make it to 7 or 8 and sometimes 9.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options

Same as any other day for me :)

Thanks for letting me know :drinker: Guess I will keep going so he he :bigsmile:

Managed to get in 10 cups yesterday :drinker:
  • EmyleeNoel
    EmyleeNoel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't always log my water in. I think this is because I know that I'm drinking more than enough water on a regular basis. I drink at least 2.5 Quarts of water each day. If it is very hot or I have been very active then I will drink up to a gallon of water in a single day.