What races are on your horizon?

Options
I'm thinking about goals and wondering what everyone else is working towards. :)

Replies

• sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Doing my first Mud Run this weekend! Started lifting last month to build up my weak arms so I can pull myself over the wall.

I pretty much run a 5k 3 times a week on the treadmill so I am hoping I can do it!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Christie Clinic run in Champagne/Urbana, Illinois next Saturday (4/27)
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    The Bubble Run 5k 4-27, the Moms Rock 10k on 5-11, and the Bad *kitten* Dash on 5-25.
  • windyrobotham
    windyrobotham Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This Saturday I will be running a 5k that our relay for life team hosts. Then on may 25 th I will be doing a 5k with my daughter and her girls on the run team.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Road half-marathon on May 4, trail marathon in December.

Also a trail 5K on April 27, and some kind of beer run in June, but I can't say I'm really "working towards" those--they're just for fun!
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did Warrior Dash last weekend and this weekend is Pat Tilman. I want to do a 10k or 15k by the end of the year.
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Next weekend: DC Nike 1/2M

And, I'm trying to choose my next full M. Any ideas for a great one???

did -
    Honolulu ✓
    San Diego ✓
    Madrid ✓

what next ? ? ? H E L P !
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Rugged Maniac on May 4 and that's it for me for a bit
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm running 5ks on Mother's Day (for breast cancer) and Father's Day (for prostate cancer) this year. And I might do another one in August but that all depends on the weather as I don't do well in the heat. Beyond that, my goal this year is to increase my distance. I've gotten up to 4 1/2 miles already then had some trouble with my "trick" knee so I backed off a bit until I get my new running shoes (this weekend YAY!). I plan on running no more than 4 miles at a time until the 5ks are over then I'll start working on my distance again. I'd like to get up to a little over 5 miles then I'll register for a 10k.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    My first trail race (4-miles) on 5/11, another trail race (6-miles) on 6/22, then the Peachtree Road Race (10K) on July 4th. Might fit a couple of 5K's in there somewhere.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I am in a runner's club (Rocky Mountain Road Runners) and we race 1x per month, varying 3-10 miles. Our next race is May 5th, a 5-miler. I also pre-registered for a six week race series sponsored by No Limits Racing, they're all 5k's and the first one was day before yesterday, so five to go, every Tuesday night. I'm running the BolderBoulder which is a 10k, that's on Memorial Day. I'm hoping to run an event for Earth Day and Mother's Day as well. I LOVE RACING!!!! I LOVE RUNNING!!!! I just wish is was Spring in Colorado, we've had over a foot of snow in the last week and a half! ❄⛄❄⛄❄

Love to see so many runners on MFP!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm also working on building up distance. I'd like to run at least one Half Marathon each year!
  • Dustybugger
    Options
    Thinking seriously today about training for my 1st marathon which will be the Atlantic City Marathon in October. They also do a half marathon. Just on the fence because I'm a regular runner of 3 to 6 miles a day, but I don't know if I make this my mission if I going to dread/hate running.
  • Dustybugger
    Options
    Susie, the Atlantic City Marathon is in October - the course is nice - part on the boardwalk, part on the street. Lots to see and it's nice and cool in October by the beach.
  • stephanieogle35
    Options
    Christie Clinic run in Champagne/Urbana, Illinois next Saturday (4/27)

You're near me, I go to an endo at Christie Clinic! My dad is running the IL Half Marathon that day. I've got a color run in St Louis that day, and another 5K Mid-May. Hoping to do a 10K in August or September, but still have to find one and register.
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    I have a whopping EIGHT races this spring/summer/fall.

My closest one is this Sunday, the KM for Care 5K in Ennismore, ON

After that we have...

Lakefield 5K, May 5
    Furry Friends 5K, June 2
    Centurion Pedal for Pink 25K Bike Race, June 15
    Color Me Rad 5K, June 22
    Toronto Women's 10K, August 24
    Island Girl 5K, September 22
    Toronto Women's 8K, October 26
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm running a local 5K in June, and in July I'm running in the Big 10 Network 10K in Chicago. I have been running, with no real goal in mind, following the local race's 5K training plan, and a friend who loves to run saw a FB status about it. She asked if I'd do the 10K, so I decided to go for it, and I thought running the 5K first would be a good idea since I haven't run in a "real" race since Middle School track, and even then, I think I only ran in an event 2 or 3 times! Oh, and so you get an idea of how long ago that was, I'm 35, I'll be 36 at the time of the 10K!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    10k trail race May 5th, Maybe a trail half at the end of May. Sierra Nevada Relay in August, Chicago Marathon in October.
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    5K this weekend, another one in June, a 4-miler and a 10K in the fall.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Im doing the Run For Water 5k at the end of May. I haven't scheduled anything beyond that yet.