Your Opinions on why It's not working....Please help

Options

Replies

• ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    For anyone who's slating me for "being healthy for a while" etc. I'm following the diet all the trainers do in my gym and have lost a stone and a half in almost 2 months and maintained it so no I haven't been unhealthy so far i'm just very very strict with what I eat and like to challenge myself.

I only wanted people's opinions on this issue so thank you. I don't need to see a doctor. I'll up my cals a bit, thanks

Because trainers would never do anything that is unhealthy.
  • kwogni
    kwogni Posts: 18
    Options
    It's your body's starvation prevention mechanism. It's holding onto the 1000 calories you're taking because there is not enough to sustain your body's normal functions. Once the minimum is satisfied, and excess calories are detected, the body will let go once it detects exercise and take some fat cells stored up in your body with it.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I love when the OP has such conviction in their argument that they have to delete their post.
  • alexrichaa
    Options
    They haven't advised me to do this so stop jumping down my throat. My best mate is the top trainer who told me about it and now I'm doing it too. They eat the same diet but alot more of it cos they're working out all day. I only eat when I'm hungry so haven't needed loads. It's been working cos already lost a stone and a half.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    They haven't advised me to do this so stop jumping down my throat. My best mate is the top trainer who told me about it and now I'm doing it too. They eat the same diet but alot more of it cos they're working out all day. I only eat when I'm hungry so haven't needed loads. It's been working cos already lost a stone and a half.

You could simply become anorexic and lose a stone and a half in a month.

Would you say that's "healthy" and "working"?
  • alexrichaa
    Options
    And no, but my post has been answered. Done.
  • sourpower434
    sourpower434 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Agree with the other posters that you're not eating enough...but to address your concern about the weight loss you used to see when dieting:

The reason you're not seeing any weightloss now could just be that the same stratgey doesn't work anymore (your body changes when you get older, alter your routine, or if you've damaged your metabolism by living on too few calories for too long). But if you weren't lifting weights before, the pounds you lost weren't all from fat, you lost some muscle mass too. It looks good on the scale, but that's about it.

Listen to the MFPers who've been here for a while, they speak from experience. Eat more. Lift weights. Be patient. :-)

Best of luck!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Try this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

It will guide you on calculating and appropriate amount of calories for your body and will help you lose weight.

You are burning off more than you eat, so your net calories for the day is actually negative, and you should be *netting* at least (at least!) 1200 calories a day.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options

So they don't eat the 'same diet' at all, they more than likely eat the calories their body needs, you are not doing that and that's why you're not getting the results you want.

Evidently you don't want to hear that though so here you go:

Take some raspberry ketones/ green tea/ hoodia/ extract of virginal white monkey and the weight will fall off because you're doing everything right.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

so, one person doing it wrong.. and you come here to question it... find out that you are, indeed, doing it wrong...

...and now you're defensive? Why don't you just go back, put the original post back, and add on "I don't really want to hear what any of you have to say since I'm going to do whatever the hell I feel like doing regardless of what any of you, or science, or common sense tells me" and just cut out all of the other garbage.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    You forgot the pregnant women pee that one works wonder..:wink:

So they don't eat the 'same diet' at all, they more than likely eat the calories their body needs, you are not doing that and that's why you're not getting the results you want.

Take some raspberry ketones/ green tea/ hoodia/ extract of virginal white monkey and the weight will fall off because you're doing everything right.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have been in the gym everyday and have burnt 1000 calories min every session.

I'm eating healthy, under 1000 calories a day

So you're burning 1000 calories a day in the gym. Added to your BMR and other activity you're burning an additional 1700, give or take. Total TDEE is 2500+

You're eating under 1000 calories a day.

You're running a 1500-2000 calorie deficit.

That's what you're doing wrong.

^ This. My guess is your body resorted to breaking down muscle to sustain itself. You've just made your body's engine smaller and sabotaged your own weightloss. Now where do you have to go? 700calories? 500? Please listen to everyone that's posted here that this isn't the healthy way to go about losing weight.
  • alexrichaa
    Options
    God I put my post on here to ask for advice on that particular topic. My diet is fine and has worked so far. Nothing wrong with it, it's fine. Clearly now I've upped my exercise all I need to do is eat a bit more, great problem answered thank you.

I asked for your support not to be completely slated. There is no need to be so nasty.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

And don't forget the Master Cleanse.
  • sjoldersma
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    dieting-all-morning_zps9350dd93.jpg
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Food is fuel!!! If you're running on fumes ... you'll soon stop functioning in a healthy mode....
    Eat a proper diet and amount .. exercise to build muscle and tone. Starvation type tactics may cause your body to shut down. Go see your doctor to get proper instruction. Good luck to you.:glasses:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    God I put my post on here to ask for advice on that particular topic. My diet is fine and has worked so far. Nothing wrong with it, it's fine. Clearly now I've upped my exercise all I need to do is eat a bit more, great problem answered thank you.

I asked for your support not to be completely slated. There is no need to be so nasty.
    Pssst...

your diet isn't fine.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Pssst...

your diet isn't fine.

OP, listen to this guy, for he knows of what he speaks. And I suggest consulting a physician, a nutritionist AND a therapist.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I'm sorry... people aren't being nasty...

It's like people who get hypothermia... they just want to go to sleep. You are harming yourself, and because you don't feel the pain, you don't realize that you're in danger.

Stuff the self righteousness and realize the people on here are all very well aware of the dangers of your diet (some have lived through it) and THEY ARE TRYING TO HELP YOU.

If you want to plug your ears and shut your eyes to drown out the voices of reason... remember that their voices are going to be loud if you land yourself in the hospital. That is..if your OP was legit.
  • belligerent599
    Options
    If your best mate is an amazing trainer and knows what he and/or she is doing, why is it necessary to ask the forum here if you are doing something wrong? Why not just ask him and/or her? Also if this is a secret workout program that they do at your gym in particular, why would we know what you're doing wrong with it?

There is no need to be defensive. We are all calm friends on this site, refreshing like the juice of a cucumber and gentle as the eyebrows of a baby kitten.

You asked for opinions but we were kinder than that to you: we gave you mostly facts. If you do not like facts, I would suggest becoming a squirrel.