Any UK females trying to GAIN weight and build muscle?

Options
missxkx
missxkx Posts: 13 Member
Hi all

I'm 28 female, UK! I'm 5 ft 1 and only 98lbs with a very petite frame!

I'm wanting to gain weight and build muscle but so clueless on foods to eat and how to lift weights from home (what programme to follow, what weights etc)

I'm currently just eating whatever I have in (over 2000 cals) and not doing much excercise BUT i really want to change this but just need some help on where to start, anybody in the same situation that could point me in the right direction would be great!

Im a single Mam to a 2year old so cant go to the gym as it's a bit out from where I live and have no friends family close by to babysit!

Thanks in advance

Replies

• lmfujishima
    lmfujishima Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the food, but I know you should eat some protein within an hour of working out because it's the optimum time for your body to synthesize protein and build muscle.

As for working out, I would recommend Nike Training Club if you have iOS or Android. It's free and has great workouts ranging from 15-45 min that you can do at home. There are videos and pictures detailing each workout. Some of the workouts require a medicine ball and small weights, but there are also some that don't require any equipment. It's nice because you can unlock trophies and things like smoothie recipes or more workouts.

Here's the link and good luck!
    http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/womens-training/apps/nike-training-club
  • missxkx
    missxkx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thankyou! :) Really appeciate that! WIll download onto my phone!