It's not the exercise that bothers me...

Options
Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy exercising....the thing that drives me crazy is the hair washing, drying and straightening that follows. If only I could exercise without sweating!

Replies

• ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Amen!!!!! I didn't work out yesterday just becuase I get so sick of taking a shower everyday! I work from home, so I don't have a need for one everyday, but can't stand going to bed after I've gotten all sweaty. It's good to know I'm not the only one who feels that way.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    One of the main reasons I don't exercise as much as I should either. lol
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<< My solution!!! :-)
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This is a frustration for me too because if I don't wash with shampoo often my hair will still smell kind of like sweat after working out. I try not to wash with shampoo every day though because my hair gets dried out so badly.
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Exactly. Some days I don't exercise just because I don't want all the extras that go with it. Sounds lazy....but kind of not......weird!
  • MrsSausage58
    Options

Loving that, but don't think it would suit me! :laugh:
  • MrsSausage58
    Options
    One of the main reasons I don't exercise as much as I should either. lol

I'm so glad it's not just me!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<< My solution!!! :)

Wonderful solution but the american society doesn't readily accept shaved heads on women... :)

I agree with the showering. I did a much lighter workout yesterday and still needed one. My biggest issue for switching from AM to PM showering is I have to have to wear my hair in a ponytail when I sleep which causes a bump in my hair so now I wear half my hair pulled back in a barrette every day and it's getting boring. I've tried several of the overnight wavy or curly hair tutorials I've seen on Pinterest and they've been complete fails.
  • SarahLou1111
    Options
    I was thinking exactly that when I got home from my step class tonight...and the extra washing with all the exercise gear!!
  • SarahLou1111
    Options
    ChangingAmand...I have long fine straight hair (which needs straighteners to make it look really nice) and I now curl mine overnight by blow drying it to 70% dry and putting it into 5 folded in half bunches down the back of my head overnight...pull them all out in the morning, spray with hairspray and scrunch for a fab curly look which confounds them all and I love how it looks!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    wow.... Never thought it was a chore taking a shower each day.....I get the issues with long hair, but why would just every day staying clean in general be hardship if you have running water available.....
    I must be weird - I take a bath every night and shower after a run - so if I run over lunch, I shower, go back to work, and take a bath before bedtime.....My skin is still intact.....
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one, sista!
  • ValMartin79
    ValMartin79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

:laugh:

One of the reasons I put of exercising so long was because I hate sweating.:grumble:
    Instead of thinking about the negative aspects of exercising, think of all the positive. Maybe then all the 'grooming' will be worth it.

Or just wear your hair up.
  • SarahLou1111
    Options
    Astrampe it's the hair that's issue for me, not the showering to keep my body clean! Really don't want to cut it all off as it's taken me nearly two years to grow it this long!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    LOL, SarahLou, I get the hair - mine is short, so it`s easy...It`s the not shower daily to at least keep your body clean that is an issue for me - not your struggles with long hair - I know what my daughters (both LONG hair) have to put up with! , you have my sympathy there...